Tax Issues for Seniors Self-Study
As your clients enter retirement, there’s tax planning guidance that you can offer so they can receive all the tax benefits ofof at their new stage of life. From their first years of retirement, we’ll cover how to report Social Security benefits and plan for required minimum distributions from retirement plans. This course also covers the later stages of retirement and explains how to report long-term insurance proceeds, long-term care and expenses and when it makes financial sense to create a life estate.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Evaluate credits and deductions senior taxpayers may claim
- Report long-term care expenses and proceeds
- Determine the taxable amount of various payments received in retirement
- Solve unique problems when receiving Social Security benefits
- Identify tax benefits children may claim for elderly parents
- Summarize the rules for required minimum distributions
- List the advantages and disadvantages of life estates
This course includes an e-book and exam questions to help you earn CPE. CPE is issued after the exam is successfully completed.