Preparing Form 706, the Estate Tax Return Self-Study
When a taxpayer passes away, their assets transfer into an estate. Depending on the value of the estate, the administrator of the estate may be required to pay estate taxes or file Form 706. Provide value by being prepared to assist with filing Form 706, United States Estate (and Generation-Skipping Transfer) Tax Return. This course explains the basic tax rules applicable to a decedent’s gross estate for estate tax purposes and the federal estate tax return. Examples illustrating these rules when preparing Form 706 are presented throughout the text.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the basic tax rules applicable to an estate
- Determine which property is includible on Form 706
- Apply the deceased spouse’s unused exemption
- Accurately complete Form 706
- Distinguish differences in estate tax rules between a resident and nonresident estate
This course includes an e-book and exam questions to help you earn CPE. CPE is issued after the exam is successfully completed.