Cannabis Businesses Self-Study
Owning a cannabis business is popular in states that have passed legislation for its recreational or medical use; however, there are a number of unique issues to these businesses, especially when preparing a tax return. This course will delve into the legislative history of this industry and detail the differences among the various states that have legalized the industry. You will also review reporting requirements, potential differences between federal and state returns, and restrictions on certain types of expenses. Lastly, you will review how the changing state laws affect taxpayers, disclosure issues and potential penalties for participating in this type of activity.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify legislative history in states that have legalized cannabis businesses.
- Determine differences between state and federal tax reporting.
- Recognize unique situations specific to these types of business.
- Summarize the treatment of current and past perceptions of cannabis business activity.
- Interpret the information provided on the changing state laws concerning this activity.
This course includes an e-book and exam questions to help you earn CPE. CPE is issued after the exam is successfully completed.