Options for Paying IRS Debt
Taxpayers often struggle to pay their taxes on time. The IRS provides some streamlined options for taxpayers to get on the right track to pay their tax liability. Being able to help a delinquent taxpayer can be a very valuable service to your clients. This course helps you understand the IRS collection process and procedures, and the rights a taxpayer has to settle a delinquent tax bill.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify when to use Form 2848 or Form 8821 to gain authorization and information.
- Describe the IRS collection process and the procedures used by the IRS to collect delinquent taxes.
- List the various alternatives a taxpayer can use to extend the time to pay delinquent taxes.
- Identify when a taxpayer qualifies for a streamlined installment agreement.
- Calculate an offer in compromise amount for an IRS tax liability.
This course includes an e-book. CPE is issued after exam is successfully completed.