Introduction to Tax Preparation
This course is for individuals wanting to start a career in tax return preparation. You will learn the basics of tax preparation with a step-by-step analysis of Form 1040 and certain accompanying schedules. Select topics are discussed in more depth in an effort to clarify related issues.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Correctly identify a taxpayer’s filing requirements and filing status.
- Determine who is eligible to be claimed as a dependent.
- Correctly report different types of income and adjustments to income.
- Compare itemized deductions and the standard deduction.
- Distinguish nonrefundable from refundable income tax credits.
- Calculate an individual tax client’s federal income tax liability.
- Complete Forms 1040, Schedule A and Schedule B.
This course includes an e-book. CPE is issued after exam is successfully completed.