EA Exam Review Course - Part I
The design of this course is to help you prepare for and pass Part I: Individual Taxation of the Special Enrollment Examination (SEE). This part covers individuals; individual income, deductions, and credits; individual taxation; estate tax; and gift tax. All references to the examination and this course are to the Internal Revenue Code as amended through December 31, 2015, and is applicable for those taking the exam between May 1, 2016 and February 28, 2017.
This course is FREE with membership. Not a member? Join Today!
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Assess information from the prior year return to thoroughly report current year information.
- Identify criteria that require an individual to file an income tax return to comply with federal law.
- Determine if a person meets the definition of a qualifying child or a qualifying relative so the taxpayer can claim the person as a dependent.
- Identify items of reportable income and expenses for individual taxpayers.
- Calculate taxable income from retirement plan or IRA distributions to provide the taxpayer with maximum basis recovery.
- Differentiate between a refundable credit and a nonrefundable credit to provide the taxpayer with the minimum tax due.
- Categorize the sale or disposition of assets to properly classify and report gain or loss.
- Explain the tax consequences of gifting either cash or property.
- Identify the primary filing obligations concerning a deceased taxpayer.
This course includes e-book and interactive module. CPE is issued after exam is successfully completed. Also includes:
- Flashcards (digital only)
- Interactive practice exams
- Getting Ready for the EA Exam interactive study guide
- EA Exam Information and Test-Taking Tips