Annual Federal Tax Refresher Course
Completion of the Annual Federal Tax Refresher course (AFTR) is a necessary step in obtaining an Annual Filing Season Program—Record of Completion. This Annual Federal Tax Refresher course covers federal tax law topics in three domains: New Tax Law/Recent Updates; General Review; and Ethics, Practices, and Procedures. The Annual Filing Season Program is a voluntary program, but preparers will need a Record of Completion for returns completed after 2015 to engage in limited practice. To engage in limited practice, an unenrolled preparer must agree to adhere to the practice requirements of Circular 230. This AFTR course provides the information you need to review to pass the examination and obtain your Record of Completion.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize new law provisions effective for the current tax year.
- Apply new law provisions and updated limitations as appropriate for the benefit of the taxpayer.
- Identify basic taxpayer information necessary to complete an average taxpayer’s Form 1040.
- Identify preparer responsibilities in dealings with the IRS.
- Identify preparer responsibilities in dealings with clients.
This course includes e-book, three interactive modules and timed 100 question eLearning exam. CPE is issued after exam is successfully completed.