QBI – The Impact Through Case Studies Online Workshop
Qualified Business Income (QBI) is a new 20% deduction, enacted by the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. This deduction is available to several professions, but there are some limitations. This workshop will focus on the vast array of planning opportunities this tax law change presents to tax practitioners and their business clients. We will look at several case studies, giving examples of “below the threshold,” “in the threshold phaseout” and “above the threshold.” Finally, we’ll examine the new definitions within 199A and discuss the impact of future guidance surrounding the QBI deduction. You’ll leave this workshop feeling confident in your ability to offer your business clients everything they need to succeed and move forward in 2019.
NATP considers the information presented during this course to be timely and accurate; however, it is likely that additional guidance for this topic is forthcoming. Don’t worry! You’ll be provided with additional updates to cover the information gap, so that you are properly prepared for the 2019 filing season.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand section 199A deduction and how it works.
- Review new terms and definitions of the 20% deduction.
- Understand the threshold limits and how wages and qualified property impact the calculation.
- Discuss the new QBI loss.
- Understand, by example, combining multi-flow-through entities after determining taxable income.
This course includes:
- Presentation Slides
- Online workshop recording
- Exam questions to help you earn CPE. CPE is issued after the exam is successfully completed.
Larry Gray, CPA, CGMA