Preparing C Corporation Returns
If you’re looking to expand your practice by preparing C corporation returns, this is the course for you! You’ll learn the general tax aspects applicable to domestic C corporations, including line item explanations designed to aid in the preparation of Form 1120, U.S. Corporation Income Tax Return. This course is ideal for individuals who have never completed a Form 1120 before or have very limited experience.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the advantages and disadvantages of forming a C corporation.
- Identify the tax consequences of forming a C corporation.
- Determine if §351 applies and explain the reporting requirements.
- Recognize the importance of an engagement letter.
- Select a tax year and accounting method to ensure the least amount of tax.
- Complete a basic Form 1120, including Schedules J, L, M-1, and M-2.
- Summarize the dividends received deduction.
- Identify requirements to file Form 1120, including the applicable due dates.
- Compute the shareholder’s stock basis in a C corporation.
- Summarize the taxation of distributions from a C corporation.
This course includes an e-book and exam questions to help you earn CPE. CPE is issued after the exam is successfully completed.