Tax Issues for Seniors
The saying “respect your elders” applies in tax preparation just as much as in everyday life. Most likely every tax professional has clients who are elderly taxpayers. Preparing a senior’s tax return is just as important as preparing any other taxpayers return. This course helps conquer the struggles of completing an elderly taxpayer’s individual income tax return and ensure nothing is forgotten.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Calculate lump-sum distributions, including the possibility of 10 year averaging.
- Evaluate any credits and deductions that are available to elderly taxpayers.
- Report long-term care expenses and insurance proceeds.
- Differentiate between taxable and nontaxable income.
- Solve unique circumstances when receiving social security benefits.
This course includes an e-book. CPE is issued after exam is successfully completed.