Navigating New Forms After Tax Reform On-Demand Webinar
Changes from the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act rocked the world of tax preparation, and these changes have left tax preparers feeling somewhat adrift with being able to properly advise their clients.
This online workshop will compare and contrast 2017 tax forms and 2018 tax forms using a variety of case studies, which will help you more accurately prepare your clients’ 2018 returns. In addition, we’ll review several of the major changes impacting taxpayers, including the suspension of the miscellaneous itemized deduction subject to 2% AGI limitations, the changes to the child tax credit and the addition of the other dependent credit. Finally, we’ll review new due diligence filing requirements for the head of household status.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Compare and contrast 2017 and 2018 tax return changes.
- Identify the suspended miscellaneous itemized deductions.
- Recognize the change to the CTC.
- Summarize the requirements for the ODC.
- Describe changes affecting the entertainment deduction.
- Summarize the HOH due diligence requirements.
This webinar includes the presentation slides, exam questions, live webinar recording with review questions, and Attendee Top Questions. CPE is issued after exam is successfully completed.
Kathryn Keane, EA