Beyond the 1040® On-Demand Webinar
Call Member Services to register for both days at the bundle rate of: Premium: $0 | Professional: $408 | Basic: $528 | Nonmember: $558.
This course covers the two sides of a coin — first, the contributing to and withdrawing from retirement accounts, the differences between traders and investors, and employee stock benefit reporting for items such as restricted stock units and incentive stock options. The second part covers foreclosures and abandonments, debt cancellations, and how to properly report Forms 1099-A, Acquisition or Abandonment of Secured Property, and 1099-C, Cancellation of Debt.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify and summarize the reporting requirements for the various components of a consolidated 1099-B.
- Distinguish between covered and noncovered securities.
- Recognize the difference between various retirement plans.
- Determine how much and when to make contributions to and distributions from retirement plans.
- Distinguish the difference traders and investors.
- Summarize how to report the sale various types of employee stock benefits.
- Determine the proper tax reporting of Form 1099-A and 1099-C.
- Distinguish between recourse and nonrecourse debt.
This webinar includes the presentation slides, exam questions, live webinar recording with review questions, and Attendee Top Questions. CPE is issued after exam is successfully completed.
Laura Strombom, EA, MBA, NTPI Fellow