The Essential 1040
For 32 years NATP has been providing the best tax update in the country to prepare professionals for the coming tax season. This tradition of excellence will continue in 2017. This course covers the standard features of the inflation-indexed updates for preparing individuals’ 2017 tax returns, new tax laws applicable to 2017 and recent developments. This is combined with two hours of Ethics.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Apply inflation-adjusted amounts to 2017 individual tax returns.
- Identify expired tax provisions.
- Analyze new tax laws and provide some tax tips to clients.
- Apply the latest court and IRS rulings to taxpayers’ current situations.
- Analyze new developments and provide some tax tips to clients.
- Identify the current IRS hands-on initiatives to improve the accuracy and quality of filed tax returns.
- Identify the Circular 230 rules governing individuals eligible to represent taxpayers before the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
- Identify the rules governing unenrolled tax preparers.
- Identify common penalties assessable against tax return preparers.
- Identify due diligence requirements for the earned income tax credit (EITC).
This webinar includes the presentation slides, exam questions, live webinar recording with review questions, and Q&A transcript. CPE is issued after exam is successfully completed.
Kelly Lent-Paul, EA, CFP®