EA Exam Review Course - Part II
The design of this course is to help you prepare for and pass Part II: Businesses of the Special Enrollment Examination (SEE). This part covers business entities; business income, expenses, deductions, and credits; trust and estate tax returns; exempt organizations; retirement plans; and farmers. All references to the examination and this course are to the Internal Revenue Code as amended through December 31, 2015, and is applicable for those taking the exam between May 1, 2016, and February 28, 2017.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Differentiate between different types of business structures to assist taxpayers in choosing a business entity.
- Categorize business income and business expenses for proper reporting.
- Calculate asset depreciation to account for wear and tear on assets.
- Distinguish items that affect basis in the entity from items that do not affect basis so to properly allow business losses.
- Analyze how tax requirements and limitations affect business tax planning.
- Analyze business records to adhere to recommended recordkeeping procedures.
- Analyze trust documents to determine appropriate filing procedures.
- Describe provisions unique to farmers and other specialized taxpayers.
Includes online workshop recording, PowerPoint presentation and e-book. CPE is issued after exam is successfully completed. Additional course materials include:
- Study guides with recommended approaches.
- Digital flashcards.
- Interactive practice exams.
- Other interactive test-taking resource materials.
Randy Lawshe, EA, MBA