Bookkeeping for Taxes
Tax professionals often find themselves performing the work of a bookkeeper when preparing business tax returns for sole proprietorships or separate entities. While bookkeeping is primarily an accounting function rather than a tax one, tax professionals should understand the basics to properly prepare a business tax return when given the task of bookkeeping.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Recall the purpose of bookkeeping using tax principles.
- List the basics of bookkeeping using tax principles.
- Identify when you need to do the bookkeeping for a tax return.
- Recognize when a taxpayer needs help bookkeeping and offer your services.
- Record transactions using tax principles.
Includes webinar recording, PowerPoint presentation and Q&A webinar transcript. CPE is issued after exam is successfully completed.
,Genaro Cardaropoli, CPA