U.S. Taxation of Nonresident Aliens
Tax preparers must be able to determine when an individual from a foreign country is subject to US taxation. The starting point is to correctly determine whether the individual is a resident or nonresident alien. Once you establish whether the individual is a resident or nonresident alien, you must determine the source of income. Take this webinar to help taxpayers visiting the US determine their residency status and learn the rules that apply to nonresident aliens.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify whether a taxpayer is a resident alien or nonresident alien.
- Identify the proper reporting requirements for a nonresident alien.
- Define U.S. sourced income.
- Identify income subject to US taxation.
- Identify income effectively connected with the US.
- Identify fixed, determinable, annual or periodical income.
Includes webinar recording, PowerPoint presentation and Q&A webinar transcript. CPE is issued after exam is successfully completed.
Genaro Cardaropoli, CPA