Year-End Individual Tax Planning Webinar
This year’s client tax planning meetings might be a bit different than previous meetings, with new information to discuss related to COVID-19 and stimulus relief. For example, you may need to talk with them about their withholding selection at their new job they just started, divorce, unemployment or adding to their depleted retirement account (Roth or traditional). This course will review key points such as effective itemizing of deductions, using the capital loss deduction, contributing to an employer retirement plan or an individual retirement account (IRA). Additionally, we will discuss the tax impact of Social Security and unemployment along with tax benefits relating to the taxpayer’s dependents and when they are subject to change.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify year-end tax planning strategies available for your clients
- Explain the difference between Roth and traditional retirement plans
- Summarize the impact of converting from a Roth to a traditional IRA
- Identify when dependents become eligible or ineligible for the related tax benefits
- Summarize how Social Security and unemployment impacts a tax return
Subject matter experts will answer your questions during the presentation. We make every effort to answer as many questions as possible during the webinar but we may not be able to directly address every question.
This webinar includes the presentation slides, attendee top questions and access to the webinar recording.
Jared Foos, EA