Foreign Earned Income Exclusion vs. Foreign Tax Credit for Individuals Webinar
Expats who live and work abroad can be subject to double taxation – so knowing how your clients can benefit from the foreign earned income exclusion and the foreign tax credit is necessary. In this webinar, you’ll learn about the qualifications for the foreign earned income exclusion and how it applies when preparing U.S. income tax returns. We’ll walk through comprehensive examples of tax treaties with the foreign earned income exclusion. Then we’ll analyze the tax benefit differences between the U.S. foreign tax credit and the foreign tax deduction.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Compare qualifications of the bona fide resident and physical presence tests
- Explain the interaction of tax treaties with the foreign earned income exclusion
- Calculate the foreign housing exclusion
- Analyze the tax benefit differences between the foreign tax credit and the foreign tax deduction
- Identify U.S. source income versus foreign source income
Subject matter experts will answer your questions during the presentation. We make every effort to answer as many questions as possible during the webinar but we may not be able to directly address every question.
This webinar includes the presentation slides, attendee top questions and access to the webinar recording.
Amy Wall, MBA, EA