Section 754 Election Mechanics Webinar
When a new partner enters a business by purchasing partnership interest or inheriting it, a §754 election may be made to mitigate the departing partner’s tax consequences of selling the partnership. This election can be complex and many tax practitioners are unaware of the election’s potential value. This webinar will review the pros and cons of making the election, teach you how to calculate basis adjustments required by the election and how to properly report the election to the partner and on the partner’s return.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify what a §754 election is.
- Summarize the pros and cons to making the election.
- Identify how to properly make the election.
- Calculate basis adjustments required by the §754 election.
- Summarize properly reporting the §754 election to the partner.
- Summarize properly reporting the §754 election on the partner's return.
Our researchers will answer your questions during the presentation. This webinar includes the presentation slides, Attendee Top Questions and access to the webinar recording.
Lawrence Zimbler, MST, EA