Deducting Medical Expenses Webinar
You already know what to do for the typical medical expense deductions for doctors' visits, but what about your client who has a child taking music lessons to help them with focusing — can you take a medical deduction for that? How about the nursing home expenses your client is paying for their elderly parent? In this Deducting Medical Expenses webinar, you'll learn how to navigate situations similar to these that you might not encounter in your everyday tax preparation. You'll also learn more about how to classify and deduct funds in health savings accounts and health reimbursement accounts, as well as the current status of the Affordable Care Act.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify qualified medical expenses.
- Calculate the deduction for qualified medical expenses.
- Describe health savings accounts (HSAs).
- Describe health reimbursement accounts (HRAs).
- Summarize the current status of the Affordable Care Act.
Our researchers will answer your questions during the presentation. This webinar includes the presentation slides, Attendee Top Questions and access to the webinar recording.
Lawrence Zimbler, MST, EA