Each year, taxpayer actions or changes in the law present tax preparers with ethical dilemmas. This year, Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes Act (PATH) expanded the due diligence requirements for tax professionals. Register for this webinar to ensure you’re properly protecting yourself, your practice and your clients from unnecessary penalties. We will review Circular 230 and the PATH Act, as well as the preparer penalties that the IRS imposes for ethical violations.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Summarize the key points of Circular 230, Regulations Governing Practice before the Internal Revenue Service.
- Summarize the key points of the PATH Act due diligence requirements and how they apply to taxpayers.
- Identify preparer penalties.
- Apply ethics as it relates to the real world tax office.
- Summarize how to handle real life situations that emphasize due diligence.
- Implement best practices to ensure compliance with the tax law and due diligence.
Our researchers will answer your questions during the presentation. This webinar includes the presentation slides, Q&A transcript and access to the webinar recording.
Genaro Cardarapoli, CPA