QBI Case Studies and Entity Selection Online Workshop
8 CPE for AFSP, EA, CPA, CRTP
Premium: $0 | Professional: $229 | Basic: $290 | Nonmember: $305
Check my membership level.
This workshop is the perfect way to learn how qualified business income (QBI) rules affect businesses, specifically S corporations and partnerships. Get hands-on experience from the perspective of the entity with several case studies that involve QBI and decisions related to various entities. Learn tax strategies so you can determine which entity is the best for your client. We will analyze switching entities and the tax consequences associated with that change. Help your business clients navigate the changing tax laws to maximize deductions for partners, shareholders and self-employed individuals.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Outline the rules regarding qualified business income (QBI)
- Identify which taxpayers can take the deduction for QBI
- Calculate QBI and the QBI deduction
- Identify filing requirements for entities passing through QBI to partners and shareholders
- Correctly report income and expenses to adhere to QBI rules
- Complete Forms 1065 and 1120S for clients with QBI and compare with Schedule C
- Apply entity selection strategy to case studies
- Discuss requirements and consequences to change business entities
- Illustrate how an S corporation changes its business entity
Subject matter experts will answer your questions during the presentation. We make every effort to answer as many questions as possible but we may not be able to directly address every question. This workshop includes QBI and Choosing a Business Entity e-book and access to the workshop recording.
Presented by: Steve O'Rourke, EA
Course Year: 2020
Duration: 8 Credit Hours
Course Level: Intermediate
Prerequisite: Knowledge or experience with federal income taxation
Advanced Preparation: None
Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
|CPE Credits||Designation||Field of Study|
|IRS||8||AFSP||Federal Tax Law Topic|
|IRS||8||EA||Federal Tax Law Topic|
|CTEC||8||CRTP||Federal Tax Law Topic|
How to Earn CPE
To receive full credit for this online workshop, you must provide us with at least 70% of the polling words that are communicated by the instructor throughout the workshop. These polling words should be entered in the survey tool that launches automatically when the GoToWebinar window is closed at the conclusion of the workshop. If you are unable to access the survey, polling words can be emailed to
Please allow up to 7 days for us to verify attendance and issue certificates.
Because this is an online education offering, it is nonrefundable.