How to Handle an IRS Exam: From Initial Letter to Closing Agreement On-Demand Workshop
8 CPE for AFSP, EA, CPA, CRTP
Premium: $0 | Professional: $224 | Basic: $284 | Nonmember: $299
Check my membership level.
An IRS audit can be overwhelming and intimidating. This workshop will cover what to do when the letter first arrives, including preparing the client, reviewing the documents, reconstructing damaged or lost expense documentation, handling the interview request and doing the walk-through. By the end, you’ll know the various forms of IRS exams and the process for each (correspondence, field and office), what to do when there are indications of fraud, how to bring the audit to a close and even how file and prepare for an appeal.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the three types of audits.
- Explain the process of preparing the taxpayer for the examination.
- Identify issues when handling a correspondence exam.
- Describe the issues when handling an audit of a cash intensive business.
- Understand the issues surrounding a Schedule C hobby loss exam.
- Identify the differences when handling an eggshell audit from a routine IRS exam.
- Describe the process of appealing from exam results the taxpayer disagrees with.
This course includes the presentation slides, exam questions and live online recording with review questions. CPE is issued after exam is successfully completed.
Presented by: Eric L. Green, ESQ.
Course Year: 2019
Duration: 8 Credit Hours
Course Level: Intermediate
Prerequisite: Basic knowledge of federal income tax
Advanced Preparation: None
Delivery Method: QAS Self Study
|CPE Credits||Designation||Field of Study|
|IRS||8||AFSP||Federal Tax Law Topic|
|IRS||8||EA||Federal Tax Law Topic|
|CTEC||8||CRTP||Federal Tax Law Topic|
How to Earn CPE
To receive credit, you must make at least one attempt to answer each of the review questions included with the course video. You also must successfully pass the course exam with a score of 70% or better.
The course and exam will expire one year from the date of purchase.
Because this is an online education offering, it is nonrefundable.