Tax Reform Impact on S Corporations & Partnerships On-Demand Workshop
8 CPE for AFSP, EA, CPA, CRTP
Premium: $0 | Professional: $224 | Basic: $284 | Nonmember: $299
Check my membership level.
The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017
affects most small businesses, which presents an additional opportunity to assist your clients in maximizing tax savings. This hands-on course will look at partnerships and S corporations, their elections and adjustments, as well as how the new tax law affects them.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the taxation of partnerships.
- Identify the effects of partnership elections.
- Calculate required basis adjustments.
- Identify adjustments to be made on Form 1065, Schedules M-1 and M-2.
- Describe the taxation of S corporations.
- Compute and report the built-in gains tax.
- Compare and contrast AAA, stock basis, and retained earnings.
- Identify the effects of S corporation elections.
- Identify adjustments to be made on Form 1120S, Schedules M-1 and M-2.
- Identify the provisions of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act that affect partnership and S corporation taxation.
This course includes an e-book and an online workshop recording.
Presented by: Steve O'Rourke, EA
Course Year: 2019
Duration: 8 Credit Hours
Course Level: Intermediate
Prerequisite: Basic knowledge of federal individual taxation
Advanced Preparation: None
Delivery Method: QAS Self Study
|CPE Credits||Designation||Field of Study|
|IRS||8||AFSP||Federal Tax Law Topic|
|IRS||8||EA||Federal Tax Law Topic|
|CTEC||8||CRTP||Federal Tax Law Topic|
How to Earn CPE
To receive credit, you must make at least one attempt to answer each of the review questions included with the course video. You also must successfully pass the course exam with a score of 70% or better.
The course and exam will expire one year from the date of purchase.
Because this is an online education offering, it is nonrefundable.