|Senior Tax Accountant|
Pro Energy Services Group LLC in San Diego County, CA is looking for a proactive and talented Senior Tax Accountant to join our team. Our rapidly expanding business supports utility and electric power delivery markets with support services covering numerous field service offerings, project and coordination management, technical implementation and data-management services.
Pro Energy offers a offers a creative, collaborative and flexible environment. As a Senior Tax Accountant, you will perform a wide range of duties in strategic tax planning, auditing, finance, and accounting to ensure the company remains legally compliant, financially healthy, and competitive for its customers.
What You will Do
•Manage preparation and timely filing of business taxes; including property tax, use tax, sales tax, payroll tax, state and federal income tax, and manages other tax filing projects
•Recommend tax strategies by researching federal, state, and local taxation issues
•Perform technical research related to new and proposed accounting and tax standards and complex accounting transactions (license agreements, collaboration agreements, leases, loan agreements, vendor contracts, etc.)
•Perform regular, detailed audits to ensure accuracy in financial documents, expenditures, and investments
What You will Need
•At least 10 years of experience
•Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
•CPA certification preferred
•Principles and practices of complex accounting, auditing, and the development and maintenance of tax accounting processes
•Superior judgement and ability to demonstrate adaptability to individual needs while not compromising integrity and financial needs of the organization
Expanding Central NJ CPA Firm is looking for a Full-Time Tax Accountant who will be responsible for the following:
Tax Returns (Individual, Amended, ALL Business, Estate, Gift Tax)
Review of Tax Returns
Preparing Trial Balance Workpapers & Adjusting Entries for Tax Prep
Requirements Needed: CPA , EA with Experience or candidate for either certification
3+ Years in Tax Preparation
QuickBooks & Microsoft Office Proficiency
General Public Accounting Skills
Salary Range: $60,000+ Commensurate w/Experience
Benefits Include Medical & Retirement Plan
Please email your resume to: AnnMarie.Quinn@dpassociates.cpa
|Full-Time Front Desk Receptionist|
Expanding Central NJ CPA Firm is looking for a full-time front desk receptionist to fulfill the following responsibilities:
Microsoft Office Proficiency
Confirm Client Appointments
Scan & Assemble Tax Documents/Returns
Upload/Download documents from secure portal
Filing & Clerical Work
QuickBooks Experience a Plus
Candidate must have at least one year office experience
Salary is commensurate with Experience
Medical & Retirement Plan
Please email your resume with Salary Requirements to:AnnMarie.Quinn@dpassociates.cpa
We are looking for an experienced EA or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) to join our Tax Resolution and Bookkeeping firm.
Are you a problem solver? Do you like to help people? We are a tax resolution and preparation firm that offers tax-related services to individuals and businesses dealing with collection demands from the Internal Revenue Service and/or State Taxing Authorities. PARTNERSHIP TRACK AVAILABLE!
We are adding a few more Licensed Enrolled Agent's with exceptional communication and time management skills to join our team. Representing clients before the Internal Revenue Service in Offer in Compromise, Appeal Hearings and Collection Due Process Hearings.
Prepared appeal documents and conduct financial analysis for appeal hearings.
Educate clients on the settlement/negotiation process as well as the appeals process.
Review financial documents and analyzed income, equity, and expenses of clients to
determine the appropriate settlement with IRS or State taxing authorities that best fit each client’s needs.
· Communicate with clients - gather information needed for resolution of tax issues and maintain relationship throughout the resolution process
· Represent client issues to the IRS / State Taxing Authorities
· Obtain and review wage and income transcripts
· Review / analyze financial documents and define the best resolution options and desired outcome for our clients
· Negotiate with the IRS and/or State taxing agency to release wage and/or bank levies.
· Negotiate final resolution with the IRS and/or State taxing agency and obtain final signoff from both Client and the Taxing Authority
· File OIC and / or CNC
· Set up tax payment plans (IA)
*Tax Preparation 1040, 1120S, 1120, 941's etc.
Experience / Skills / Certification Requirements:
- Must have Active credentials as well as a demonstrated experience working as a Licensed Enrolled Agent with an existing CAF number, required
- PTIN # required
- Clear and effective communication skills required - working regularly with taxing authorities, clients and staff / co-workers
- Experience preparing taxes, both personal and business, required
· Ability to work as an individual contributor and in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail, reliable, highly productive and self motivated
- Customer oriented and focused
- Exceptional time management skills with proven ability to meet crucial deadlines
- Act in a manner consistent with the rules and standards of both his/her governing professional organization and IRS Circular 230
* Certified Tax Resolution Specialist (CTRS) certification a plus
IN OFFICE CYPRESS TEXAS / NORTHWEST HOUSTON
BASE SALARY $65,000 TO $95,000 base on experience.
|Senior Tax Professional|
We are looking for our next Senior Tax Professional. Must be an EA (Enrolled Agent) or CPA.
This position is 100% remote and a salaried PT/FT position (with excellent benefits).
If you like to help people with their tax returns, solving tax problems, and have a firm grasp of tax compliance for U.S. taxpayers abroad (i.e. Form 1116, Form 2555, FBAR), we’d like to talk to you.
To learn more and apply: https://www.taxsamaritan.com/expat-tax-quiz/
|Senior Tax Professional (EA or CPA)|
We are looking for our next Senior Tax Professional.
This position is 100% remote and a salaried PT/FT position (with incredible benefits!).
If you like to help people with their tax returns, tax problems, and have a firm grasp of tax compliance for U.S. taxpayers abroad (i.e. Form 1116, Form 2555, FBAR), we’d like to talk to you.
To learn more and apply: https://www.taxsamaritan.com/expat-tax-quiz/
|Senior Accountant |
Full Job Description:
We are looking for an experienced EA or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) to join our accounting firm. Responsibilities include preparing, reviewing and analyzing financial reports for clients, preparing business and personal income tax returns, and projections. Our ideal candidate would have in-depth knowledge of bookkeeping, payroll and tax procedures. Previous work experience, along with a degree in Accounting (or in a closely related field such as Finance) and an EA or CPA qualification is required for this role. Experience in dealing with international clients is a plus (but not required). Our firm offers a professional culture that values collaboration and a team of individuals driven by a sense of excellence, integrity, and commitment to lifelong learning. Dress is business casual, and our work environment is strictly non-smoking. Partnership track is available.
CONTACT INFORMATION: email@example.com
• Data entry and preparation of individual and business, federal and state tax returns
• Manage employees and workflow
• When necessary, perform detailed reviews to ensure accuracy in financial and tax documents and projections prepared by others in the office
• Oversee bookkeeping activities regularly
• Stay informed on industry developments and changes in regulations
• Must be able to multi-task and possess exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
• Meet and establish relationships with new and existing clients
• Proven work experience as a Certified Public
• Thorough knowledge of accounting and financial procedures
• Understanding of GAAP and Tax Basis Accounting (Cash & Accrual)
• Experience with accounting software, like QuickBooks Desktop and Online
• Be able to adapt to new software (if not already familiar with Ultratax, ACS)
• Experience with Thomson Reuters Tax Solutions (ACS, Ultratax, FAM) preferred
• Advanced Excel Knowledge
• Excellent analytical skills with an attention to detail
• Integrity, with an ability to handle confidential information
• BS or BA degree in Accounting (or in a closely related field such as Finance) and a CPA certification
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000 - $110,000/year (based on Education and Experience), Partnership track available to eligible candidates
• Dental insurance
• Health insurance
• Vision insurance
• Vacation/Sick leave
• HSA Contribution
• Bachelor's in Accounting (or in closely related field such as Finance) or higher.
• Accounting: 5 years (Required)
• Tax Preparation: 5 years (Required)
• EA or CPA Required
• Waiting period may apply
• Only full-time employees eligible
• When necessary
• Remote interview process available but in-person also required as second step.
• Personal protective equipment required
• Social distancing guidelines in place
• Virtual meetings
• Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
|EA/CPA/BOOKKEEPER/PAYROLL POSTIONS AVAILABLE|
LV BASED TAX FIRM HAS MULTIPLE LOCAL OR VIRTUAL OPENINGS AVAILABLE FOR A TAX PRO (EA/CPA) TO DO TAX PREP ON LINE OR SIDE-CHECK TAX PREP DONE BY ANOTHER. ALSO HAVE OPENING FOR A CPA TO OVERSEE/DO BOOKKEEPING AND ACCOUNTING AND ALSO FOR BOOKKEEPER AND PAYROLL SPECIALIST. GOOD PAY. 1099 PROBABLE. PERCENTAGE ARRANGEMENTS AVAILABLE OTHER OPTIONS IF PREFERRED.
Contact David Horwedel
|Income Tax Preparer - Gillette, NJ|
Small growing CPA Tax Preparation firm in Gillette NJ is seeking a Tax Preparer on year-round basis, with flexible hours. Opportunity for growth and advancement. The ideal candidate will have 4 years or more professional experience in preparing complex income tax returns for individuals and partnerships (CPA not required but preferred) (Some Audit experience helpful). Send resume and per diem or salary requirements Including tax software experience (i.e., ProSystem, Ultra Tax, Intuit, Lacerte etc.) and Tax Research experience to: Linda@BerkeleyTax.Com
4 years or more professional income tax preparation experience (complex income tax returns) including ability to perform tax research,
CPA not required but preferred,
Strong communication and interpersonal skills,
Excellent attention to detail with a high quality for accuracy,
Prior Audit experience preferred,
Experience with CCH ProSystem and Ultra Tax is preferred,
Ability to commute to Gillette NJ
$29 - $46 / Hour
|Enrolled Agent (EA) - Albuquerque NM Area|
We want to hire -- for a full-time, year-round position -- an Enrolled Agent with practical experience in individual and small business tax return preparation and tax planning – including bookkeeping and payroll tasks.
We are an accounting, tax, planning and tax resolution firm, currently on a growth path of 30% per year, that has been serving small business and individual clients since 1982. Our operational model delivers a steady flow of work throughout the year, so while there is an uptick in activity around tax deadlines, the remainder of the year remains busy.
To succeed in this role, you must be a motivated self-starter while showing interest in following changes to tax regulations and laws. Excellent time management skills are also essential, as you’ll be responsible for ensuring client deadlines are met while delivering a high-quality product. Other responsibilities include communicating in writing and orally with clients to get and deliver information, as well as organizing and maintaining client records.
An EA (Enrolled Agent) certification is required.
Compensation is commensurate with experience.
o Industry certification as an Enrolled Agent (EA) is required
o Computer literacy in QuickBooks and Microsoft Office required, experience with ProSeries a plus
o Familiarity with other accounting software packages, a plus
o Must be available to work five days a week, Monday through Friday 8am-5pm
o Must be driven, willing to continuously learn and grow, and a problem solver with a strong customer service focus
o Proven work experience as a Tax Accountant, Tax Analyst or Tax Preparer, a plus
o Knowledge of accounting, payroll and bookkeeping procedures
o Excellent analytical and time management skills
o Strong numerical skills
o Keen attention to detail & strong organizational skills
o Prepare estimated tax payments, tax returns and related documents
o Perform bookkeeping and bookkeeping reviews, as required
o Prepare payroll and associated reports
o Organize and update the company’s tax database
o Share financial data with the appropriate taxing authorities
o Follow industry trends and track changes related to taxes
o Work closely with clients to obtain required financial data
o Train clients in bookkeeping and record keeping as requested
|Tax Preparer needed in Northglenn, CO.|
Job Openings for Seasonal Tax Professionals Jan-April 2021 in Northglenn, CO
A well-established, small but busy, seasonal Northglenn, CO Income Tax Preparation Service is seeking experienced Tax Professionals to join our team. The preferred candidate would have 2-5 years tax preparation experience, preferably an Enrolled Agent, CPA or a participant of the IRS AFSP. Contact Kendra@northglenntax.com
|Virtual Tax Preparers Wanted |
We are looking for licensed tax preparers to assist us during the upcoming 2021 tax season. Hours can be flexible since these are virtual positions. Compensation is hourly and based upon experience with the potential to convert to full time after tax season.
|Tax Preparer 2021 Tax Season|
Small busy tax and accounting firm in Chicago, IL seeking an experienced tax preparer for the 2021 tax season. This position is available with flexible hours. Full-time and/or Part-time hours will be considered. In this rewarding position you will provide a variety of services related to individual and corporate tax preparation, while maintaining all company policies and control procedures. The most desired candidate will be positive, reliable, self-motivated individual with superior organization skills, attention to detail, deadline driven and able to execute multiple tasks simultaneously. Compensation is commensurate with the candidate's experience and skills.
- Must have a minimum of 1+ years of recent experience in tax preparation.
- Capable of completing a 1040 tax return
- Ability to work independently and be a positive self-motivated problem solver with great attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and follow up skills both verbal and written a must.
- Demonstrate ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Prefer a knowledge of tax software, preferably Drake Tax
- Correspond with IRS, and IDES to resolve client tax notices.
- Process & finalize tax returns *PTIN required, will assist in applying for in needed.
Candidate must have public tax experience
Due to Covid our office will not be seeing clients in person this tax season. We will be working on dropped off tax returns only.
If interested please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
|EAs and Experienced Pros|
|North Phoenix Accountant/Tax Preparer Postion|
Busy, North Phoenix, Accounting/Tax Office is seeking an experienced tax preparer with a current PTIN (preferred). Must have good analytical skills be able to provide quality customer service and enjoy interacting with clients. This is intended to be a reoccurring seasonal (January-April) position, with a high possibility for the right person to become a partner in the practice.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Advise clients in the tax preparation process and prepare and file Federal and Multiple State Returns such as 1040, 1120S, 1120, 1065, 1041, and 990.
· Prepare and file Federal Schedules such as (EIC, Sch C, D, E and simple F)
· Verify Tax Returns for Accuracy Prior to E-filing
· Conduct Face to Face Interviews with Clients
· Experience Completing Individual Tax Returns. (2 to 5 years' experience)
· Experience Using Tax Preparation Software. (Drake Preferred)
· Working Knowledge and Understanding EITC due diligence requirements.
· Excellent Customer Service Skills with Strong Written and Verbal Communication Skills.
· Knowledge of Windows Based Computers and Microsoft Word and Excel Programs.
· Experience Working in a Fast-Past Environment.
. Ability to work Nights and Weekends during the January-April.
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize as needed
· Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented
. Demonstrate success in making tax / accounting problems disappear for distressed clients.
· Bachelor’s or Associates degree in Accounting or related field of study preferred.
. CPA certification or EA designation or actively pursuing a license preferred, but not mandatory.
|Senior Global Tax Analyst|
Princeton University is seeking an experienced international tax specialist to join the Office of Finance and Treasury (https://finance.princeton.edu/
) as a Senior Global Tax Analyst. The Senior Global Tax Analyst is a highly collaborative and customer focused role that has overall responsibility for international tax reporting and compliance. Under the direction of the Senior Associate Director for Global Financial Services, this position is the University's subject matter expert on US tax laws for foreign nationals, and will manage overseas tax reporting for Princeton's international academic programs. The Senior Global Tax Analyst establishes best practice policies and procedures, and coordinates the onboarding and taxation for Princeton's international faculty, staff, students and guests.
This position will stay abreast of changes to tax laws, tax treaties, and IRS tax filings, and is proactive in adjusting applicable processes. This position will also be the University's primary Certified Acceptance Agent for ITIN applications. The Senior Global Tax Analyst position requires a high level of analysis and critical thinking to ensure compliance with tax laws, while balancing the needs of Princeton's diverse international community.
In addition to supporting Princeton's international population on campus, this position will work closely with the Senior Associate Director to serve the University's global teaching and research mission. Responsibilities include assisting with the creation and implementation of policies and procedures, representing Global Financial Services to campus partners, improving operational efficiencies, and performing other duties as assigned.
The Office of Finance & Treasury actively searches for staff members of exceptional ability and promise who share in Princeton University's commitment to excellence, and who present a diversity of viewpoints and cultures. We offer varied professional opportunities spanning all aspects of financial management, analysis, and processing in support of the teaching and research mission. As part of the University community, we respect the dignity and individuality of each member while trying to foster a sense of shared experience and common purpose. We are unwavering in our commitment to both diversity and community and embrace the variety of talents, backgrounds, and perspectives of all of our colleagues
International Tax Reporting and Compliance
• Collaborate with Payroll and Accounts Payable teams to onboard, pay and determine taxation requirements for international faculty, staff, students, and guests
• Serve as the University's subject matter expert on international tax compliance, staying abreast of all related tax laws
• Initiate IRS tax filings and payments, and perform monthly tax reconciliations
• Lead year-end 1042/1042-S tax filing process to generate, reconcile, distribute, and transmit tax forms to University's international population, and the IRS by required deadlines
• Manage tax database of Princeton's international students, scholars and guests
• Manage transfer pricing compliance and country-by-country reporting
• Provide tax expertise to University's international community, conduct tax research to solve individual inquiries, and offer solutions to challenging tax situations related to university payments
• Collaborate with key campus stakeholders (Payroll, Accounts Payable, Graduate School, Davis International Center, academic departments, et al) to deliver the highest level of customer service
• Provide ongoing tax support to academic departments to ensure service and quality for international scholars
• Create and facilitate information workshops and training for university departments and international faculty, employees, and students
• Coordinate student and scholar information sessions, including new student orientation, ITIN workshops, and annual tax filing sessions
Creation and Implementation of Policies and Procedures
• Create a digital database of existing and future international tax procedures
• Work closely with the Senior Associate Director to transition existing and antiquated procedures to more efficient and functional processes, determine where new procedures need to be established, and document them in a digital procedures database
• Create processes that are adaptable to internal and external changes, and document accordingly
• Ensure that policies and procedures are accessible and communicated to the campus community
Quality Assurance /Audit
• Create systems to ensure the correct application of taxes and compliance with all IRS regulations and tax treaties
• Bachelor's degree in tax, accounting, finance, business or other related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience
• 5-7 years' work experience, with 1-2 years in nonresident tax compliance
• Experience with 1042-S's, IRS 1042 filing, and payment requirements
• Knowledge of IRS regulations and laws regarding international taxation, and knowledge of BEPS
• Working knowledge of immigration statuses and related employment rules
• Strong customer service and communication skills
• Highly collaborative
• Advanced level proficiency with Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to work with diverse groups of people, and clearly communicate tax information
• Ability to manage time, prioritize multiple tasks, and work effectively and accurately under tight deadlines
• Ability to analyze information and recommend appropriate action for nonresident tax issues
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, including ability to proactively recommend options to balance external compliance requirements with operational efficiency and customer service
• Experience with PeopleSoft
• Experience with Glacier and/or International Tax Navigator
• Working knowledge of payroll functions and processes
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (https://rrr.princeton.edu/eop
) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
Apply Here: https://www.Click2Apply.net/xjy4jwhghwxdrb78
1. Establish rapport with clients to build working relationships and increase retention
2. Provide exceptional customer service
3. Prepare individual tax returns utilizing the information provided by the clients and inputting into tax preparation software
4. Other duties as assigned
1. 1+ years of experience preferred
2. Required PTIN eligibility
3. Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
4. Ability to communicate in a professional manner
5. Qualified applicants must be self-starters and computer literate
6. Flexible to work nights and weekends as necessary
7. Attention to detail
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Position requires working in an office atmosphere assisting clients.
|Indirect Tax Accountant|
IEEE is the world’s largest professional association advancing technology for the benefit of humanity. We are a catalyst for exciting breakthroughs in computing, sustainable energy systems, aerospace, communications, robotics, healthcare, and many other disciplines that improve the quality of life. Discover your future as part of the IEEE team. Consider the following opportunity:
Indirect Tax Accountant
Finance & Administration
Piscataway, New Jersey
Apply now at:
The successful applicant will ensure the organization’s compliance with global tax filing and reporting requirements and the minimization of tax expenditures with absolute integrity. The following outcomes are expected:
• The accurate preparation and timely filing of assigned tax returns
• Research tax rules and regulations to resolve complex issues, monitor changes that affect the organization, and minimize tax liability
• Interface with volunteers, staff, and professional tax advisors to resolve complex issues
• Educates volunteers and staff regarding tax processes and requirements
• Makes recommendations for business and process improvements
• Meets or exceeds assigned metrics
Uniform indirect tax compliance for IEEE’s global conference business (75%)
• Indirect tax planning
• The development of processes and internal controls
• The adjustment of processes due to changes in legislation
• The management of cross-departmental accounting and tax issues
• The review and reporting of the indirect tax activity for accurate and timely filed monthly or quarterly tax returns, ensuring that timely payments are made to the taxing authorities, and resolving complex issues as they arise
• Ensure the compliance of all IEEE financially sponsored conferences with indirect tax requirements
Accurately prepares and timely files all other assigned indirect tax returns (25%)
• Abandoned property reporting and compliance
• Canadian GST/HST compliance
• Global VAT compliance on sales of digital goods
• Administration of the enterprise transaction tax system for assigned tax jurisdictions
• Other tax filings as assigned
• Maintenance and updating of Policies & Procedures for all assignments
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree with a major in Accounting
• 2-4 years of Accounting or Tax work experience
• Candidates in pursuit of or have completed licensure for CPA and/or CMA are preferred
Skills & Other Requirements:
• Excellent communication and organizational skills, ability to listen and communicate effectively in a clear, comprehensive and tactful manner both verbally and in writing
• Ability to successfully prioritize and lead several projects simultaneously to completion
• Ability to build relationships and constructively interact with the team, internal IEEE departments and volunteers
• Attention to detail and deadlines
• Ability to plan, execute and improve work processes to ensure business and compliance objectives are achieved
• Work independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to analyze compliance requirements, identify problems, design appropriate reporting solutions and solve the problems with moderate supervision
• Strong, proven technical, analytical and problem solving skills
• An understanding of indirect tax compliance and conference business is a plus
• Strong overall computer skills and experience with sales tax and income tax applications
• Proficiency in MS applications such as Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, and MS Project.
Join us in an environment where people look forward to coming to work! IEEE offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, 401(k) plan with company match, a defined contribution retirement plan, a tuition reimbursement program, flexible spending accounts, company paid life insurance, and a business casual dress code.
Please apply online by going to this URL: https://ieee.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=IND00000105&tz=GMT-04%3A00
Only those resumes that go through the URL from the web address will be considered. NO THIRD PARTIES PLEASE.
For information on work demands and conditions required for this position, please consult the reference document, “Physical, Mental, and Work Environment Standards for IEEE Positions.” This position is classified under [Category I—Office Position].
IEEE is an EEO/AAP Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled
Disclaimer: This job description outlines the general nature and key features performed by various positions that share the same job classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of all employees assigned to the job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or re-assign duties to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodations or other business reasons.
Visit www.ieee.org to view details about open positions in one of our four offices: Los Alamitos, CA; New York City; Piscataway, NJ; & Washington, DC.
The IEEE is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
Are you interested in joining the NATP team as a Tax Researcher? Our top-notch researchers delve into and answer federal tax questions by telephone, fax, and written correspondence. Researchers must have proficiency in a variety of computer software platforms, and be able to use multiple technical tools in researching answers, including Internal Revenue Code, Regulations, CCH, RIA, PPC, and Tax Court cases.
The ideal candidate for this position will enjoy challenges and diversity in the work day. He/she will be passionate -and knowledgeable- about tax code, regulations, theory and practice applicable to all areas of federal tax law.
If you’d like to learn more about this position, please send inquiries to:
|Director/Manager Corporate Tax|
Division and Unit Overview
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Director/Manager-Corporate Tax is primarily responsible for successfully and proactively managing and ensuring that tax returns, payments and deposits are filed accurately and on a timely basis. Critical to this role is the development of and implementation of the optimal tax strategy for the Company.
Dimensions: List budgets (the budget(s) that this job impacts), number of staff and any other scope data relevant to the job.
Work design: Manages a unit or function that is part of a larger function. Follows established organizational policies. Develops procedures; recommends policies. Decisions involve translating the Division's goals and objectives into unit objectives, defined work assignments and projects; conducting and implementing actions; and short-term planning.
• Develop and direct tax policy.
• Perform research and effectively apply tax laws and regulations to the Company's situation.
• Develop strategy and engage in tax planning to identify and achieve tax savings throughout the Company.
• Coordinate and handle audits from government, outside independent and internal auditors.
• Respond to taxing authority notices and effectively resolve issues in a timely and cost effective manner.
• Work in coordination with the HR and Finance departments to identify and capture tax deductibility in connection with all compensation and benefit programs.
• Ensure all necessary tax reporting to the CFO is completed in a timely fashion and according to standard procedures.
• Direct and oversee tax collections for the company's regulatory rate filings.
• Bachelor's degree from a four year college/university in accounting or finance.
• MBA or Master's degree in a financial discipline.
• Certification as a Certified Public Accountant.
• Ten plus years experience in tax accounting/planning positions with increasing levels of responsibility.
• Strong detailed knowledge of tax and financial reporting practices, GAAP principles and rules including FAS 109, FIN 48, etc.
• Strong knowledge of IRS compliance and reporting requirements and regulations.
• Proven ability to perform tax research, including the ability to read, and apply complex tax laws and directives.
• Strong understanding of, and the ability to communicate, tax laws, regulations, rulings, procedures and court proceedings.
• Strong knowledge of regulatory environments, including knowledge of rate-making concepts.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communications.
• A high degree of professionalism and confidence.
• A take-charge, hands-on management style that is proactive and innovative.
Please send resumes to:
|Senior Tax Manager |
This individual will lead and manage multiple tax engagements to deliver quality tax services for our clients. This position offers excellent opportunities for leadership and career advancement to the right candidate.
Builds new and existing client relationships and demonstrates basic knowledge of client’s businesses.
Reviews federal and state income tax returns for individuals, businesses, benefit funds, real estate, and exempt organizations.
Handles federal, state and local tax audits.
Prepares research memoranda, written correspondence/guidance, and other documents for submission to the IRS or other taxing authorities.
Trains and supervises staff, reviews and evaluates their work.
Manages multiple clients, budgets and production goals.
Masters degree in taxation or finance.
10+ years prior experience in public accounting and tax.
Tax audit experience.
Significant supervisory experience (2+ years).
Strong accounting and analytical skills.
Strong computer skills: proficiency preferred in Drake Software and MS Office.
Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
Detail oriented with ability to multi-task.
Well rounded in dealing with high net worth individuals, businesses, and portfolio of rental properties.