|Virtual Tax Preparer - Full or part-time|
Now hiring U.S.-based tax preparation professional to complete individual and/or entity tax returns. Part-time or full-time through tax season. Work virtually from home using a cloud-based software. Training on in-house processes provided. Join a seven-decade-strong, Indiana-based, family owned accounting firm.
Prepare tax returns.
Recommend tax strategies and tactics for clients.
Consult with partners as applicable to determine advantageous client tax moves.
Complete individual (1040) and entity (1120/1120S/1065) tax returns, including all forms and filings.
Help clients respond to correspondence from taxing authorities.
Facilitate and monitor tax compliance needs (sales tax, use tax, etc.).
The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of tax preparation experience, having prepared several hundred returns. UltraTax experience strongly preferred. TicTieCalculate experience preferred. Bachelor's degree in Accounting preferred. Business entity return preparation experience preferred.
Competitive compensation, negotiable based on experience.
Enrolled Agent (EA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) strongly preferred.
Up to date on current tax law.
Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, Google Apps (Drive, Sheets), and Ultra Tax.
High-speed internet connectivity.
Responsible, accountable, takes ownership and initiative.
Positive outlook and sense of humor.
Ability to work evenings and weekends during tax season.
Excellent customer service and communication (interpersonal, written and presentation) skills.
Ability to work independently and understand/carry out detailed instructions.
Solid understanding of policies, procedures, Federal/State legislation and regulations as they impact individual and business tax.
Strong analytical skills
Works as a team player collaborating to ensure individual, team, and company success.
Send resume and cover letter to
|Experienced Bilingual Tax Preparers Wanted|
SiempreTax+ is looking for experienced bilingual (English and Spanish) tax preparers with strong customer service skills to deliver many happy returns. Tax preparation isn’t just about bean counting! Are you a “people person” with solid tax preparation experience, committed to accuracy and detail? Do you love to market our business to our local and Hispanic clientele? Apply to SiempreTax+!
Please mail, e-mail or fax your resume to:
Anthony Fagen, CRTP
3860 Broadway Street Suite 107
American Canyon, CA 94503
Phone: (707) 652-2292
Fax: (707) 652-2391
SiempreTax+ is a division of Liberty Tax Service and is an equal opportunity employer.
|Experienced Tax Professional at Campos Enterprises, Phoenix Arizona|
We are a small full service tax firm for businesses and individuals dedicated to providing our clients with the highest quality tax service and guidance.
We are seeking experienced tax professionals. Commitment from now to August 2017 with the opportunity of ongoing work. Responsibilities include preparation and review of individual and business tax returns and also ability to work closely with other tax practitioners. TaxWise tax software experience preferred. Ability to communicate in English and Spanish preferred.
Job Location: Phoenix, Arizona
|Tax Administrator at DMA Financial Management LLC|
About the Job
DMA Financial Management
provides individuals and businesses with personalized financial and tax services ranging from tax compliance, planning and representation to bookkeeping, payroll and business consulting.
Part-time and Temporary to Full-time:
Now – April 28, 2017
Approximately 20 hours per week (4 hours per day, preferred)
As a member of our talented team, the
Part-time Tax Administrative Assistant
will provide support to the Tax Department in our NYC office. The successful candidate will be a self-starter and proactive. The Part-time Tax Administrative Assistant will be responsible for general administrative and support services to the Tax team, as well as tax specific duties which include processing tax returns, correspondence, electronic filing of returns, and other duties as assigned. This professional will join a growing team and consistently demonstrate the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, while remaining composed, professional, and organized. For more information about DMA Financial Management LLC please visit www.dmafm.com
- Administrative experience in a professional services firm within a fast-paced environment preferred.
- Ability to exercise initiative, judgment, and take ownership when dealing with support tasks.
- Provide administrative support to Tax Department.
- Handle information requests for clients upon request.
- Responsible for Tax Department filing including file room organization and scanning into the software, Document/Engagement.
- Assemble, process, and mail tax organizers, reminders, and tax returns.
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines when faced with multiple/competing tasks.
- Ability to exercise tact, courtesy, and discretion in contacts at all levels – both within and outside the Firm.
- Polished professionalism including a positive attitude combined with excellent oral/written communication skills.
- Assist with marketing (including Social Media) and promotion for tax office
- Learn and adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Provide sales and client support via chat, phone, emails
Must speak/read/write Russian/English
- Work efficiently and independently; be productive and self-directed; take ownership of your job
- Represent the Company professionally to the public and its Associates
- Earn acceptance and trust of all company associates
- Place quality client service above all other considerations
- Function as a loyal member of the tax office team
- Maintain confidentiality of client information and company proprietary information
- Provide frank feedback to Office Manager
- Learn all skills necessary to complete responsibilities (continue education as necessary)
- Attend tax associates training sessions and office meetings
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & QUALITIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of income tax preparation (relevant experience or completion of tax course)
- Maturity, sensitivity and integrity
- Detail orientation, strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, concern for people, a team player
- Computer proficiency or aptitude (training in tax preparation software provided)
- Initiative, self-reliance & perseverance
- Availability for agreed upon hours, dependability
Fluent in English/Russian
Contact: Dmytro Arshynov at
The National Association of Tax Professionals is a nonprofit professional association founded in 1979 to serve professionals working in all areas of tax practice through professional education, tax research, tax products, and other services. NATP connects members to the knowledge and resources needed to help them achieve professional expertise. Constantly seeking, discovering, learning and growing; we do whatever it takes to present our members with the most reliable, proven and comprehensive tax resources. Our members are the best in the industry - and so are we.
We are currently seeking a Tax Researcher to join our team. The candidate will be researching and answering federal tax questions by telephone, fax, and written correspondence. He/she must be able to use a variety of technical tools to research answers, including Internal Revenue Code, Regulations, CCH, RIA, PPC, and Tax Court cases. The Tax Researcher will also write clear and concise tax-related content. He/she will also be expected to proofread material prepared by other team members for technical accuracy.
The ideal candidate for this position will enjoy challenges and diversity in the work day. He/she will be passionate and knowledgeable about federal income taxes, and will communicate effectively, make sound research decisions and develop good working relationships with others. Must have the ability to listen to customers, determine their needs, and apply tax law to their situation.
- Knowledge of tax code, regulations, theory and practice applicable to all areas of federal tax law.
- High degree of skill in oral and written communications.
- Must be customer-focused and a team player.
- Well-developed proficiency in a variety of computer software platforms.
Recognized as the premier association for 23,000+ tax professionals, NATP offers competitive wages, a wide range of benefits, and a professional business casual environment. To learn more about NATP, visit
www.natptax.com. Submit resume online or mail to:
PO Box 8002
Appleton WI 54912-8002
|Part-Time Tax Accountant|
Seeking an experienced tax professional to join sole practitioner office (located in Flossmoor) for the 2017 tax season with the opportunity for ongoing contracting work throughout the year. Weekly hours estimated at 20-25 weekly starting in mid-February through mid-April. Perfect for retirees, students, stay-at-home parents.
Responsible for preparing complete and accurate tax returns. Duties include, but are not limited to:
•Completing all related tax forms in accordance with policies and in compliance with legislation and regulations.
•Auditing all tax return forms for accuracy and completeness prior to submitting to CPA for final review.
•Researching tax related questions and issues while responding to clients appropriately and within a timely manner.
•Maintaining a professional positive image.
•General administrative duties and assistance as needed.
MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS :
•Ability to work flexible hours including weekends.
•Associate or Bachelor Degree (Business, Accounting or Management ideal)
• MUST HAVE 2-3+ recent years experiencing completing form 1040 and most federal schedules.
•Knowledge of preparing forms 1120, 1120S or 1065
•Pleasant personality, strong verbal and written communication skills.
•Knowledge and experience with a Windows based computer system.
•Ability to work independently; organize and prioritize your work.
•Background check will be conducted.
•Knowledge of ProSeries tax preparation software.
•Experience working with QuickBooks and Microsoft Excel.
•General bookkeeping or accounting knowledge.
-Enrolled Agent or CPA with tax experience preferred
-$20-$25 hourly DOE
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT HAVE TAX PREPARATION EXPERIENCE.
Our firm is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Part-time
Flossmoor, IL 60422
Tax Preparation: 2 years
|TAX PROFESSIONAL – SEASONAL|
Company Background and Position
Montini and Farrah
Tax Advisory Group,
LLC, is a
dynamic and growing retirement, small business
accounting and tax planning
company with offices in Colorado and Arizona. Our company is accepting resumes for customer-centric tax return preparers for the 2017 season. Positions are
temporary, beginning January 25,
2017 through mid-April 2017.
- Effectively conduct client interviews to
collect, analyze, and organize tax
documents and other information necessary to accurately prepare individual tax
- Prioritize and coordinate tax delivery dates with Office
- As requested, assist members of the Tax Delivery Team with the presentation of tax returns to clients.
- Prepare or assist in preparation of simple to complex
federal, state, and local (if
necessary) tax returns via tax software, prior to scheduled tax delivery
- Print tax returns and supporting schedules,
ensuring key documents such as payment vouchers, e-file signature pages, etc.,
- Ensure compliance with applicable tax regulations; using allowable
deductions, credits and strategies to minimize tax obligations and maximize
refunds, if applicable.
- Collaborate with clients to optimize
favorable tax results.
- As necessary, conduct research to comply
with tax regulations.
- Maintain confidentiality of client information (written and verbally shared).
- Consult with supervisor/other designees on difficult tax matters and/or
interpretations, to ensure compliance with tax laws.
- As directed, assist in the quality control review process.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Competitive compensation with bonus opportunities.
At least 3 years
of tax preparation experience.
Active CPA license or EA status (preferred).
- Drake Tax Software experience
- Must renew or obtain PTIN.
- Availability to work evenings and Saturdays (required).
- Ability to effectively work in a fast-paced and customer focused environment.
- Analytical, research and good communication
- Passage of background
How to Apply:
Submit letter of interest and resume to:
Montini & Farrah Tax Advisory
Attention: David Roberts
11811 N Tatum Blvd, Suite 1090
Phoenix, AZ 85028
|Berkeley, CA -- Accounting / Tax Preparation Assistant|
Small Tax & Accounting practice in Berkeley, CA needs an organized & detail oriented person to be its full time, year-round Accounting / Tax Preparation Assistant. Prefer 1-2 years experience in Accounting / Tax / Quickbooks / Lacerte. Send resume with salary history & salary expectations to: info@TaxFinancialPros.com
|New Mexico Experienced Tax Preparer/Enrolled Agent|
Leigh Van Gilst CPA & Associates, LLC is a full-service accounting firm serving clients throughout the Valencia, Socorro and Bernalillo counties in New Mexico. We are dedicated to providing our clients with professional, personalized services and guidance in a wide range of accounting, tax and business needs.
At Leigh Van Gilst CPA & Associates, LLC you will have a career that is rewarding and challenging. We are committed to providing our employees with:
- An open and supportive, excellence-driven work environment
- Professional development and education opportunities
- A well-balanced lifestyle that includes flexible hours
- Fast-paced and growing companywide
Status: Full-time through tax season and additional hours for deadlines the balance of the year.
- Preparation of individual, business and trust tax returns
- Internal review of tax returns prepared by staff
- Compile, review and interpret financial statements
- Investigate and respond to IRS and NMTRD agency notices
- Perform work in compliance with internal processes
- Perform detailed and accurate work
- Perform other tasks as assigned by management
- 3-5 years of tax preparation experience
- EA designation preferred
- 2 year degree or related experience
- Well-rounded knowledge and current experience with tax preparation and accounting
- Expert working knowledge of QuickBooks and Excel
- Ultra Tax experience a plus
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in a clear, concise and professional manner
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to build client relationships and work as an integral part of a team
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Maintain a current insurable driver’s license
Each team member should reflect the values of our company: Intelligence, character, integrity, togetherness, teamwork, and a commitment to excellence.
Email resume to
|Experienced Tax Preparers Needed|
Small local Tax Office seeking experienced Tax Preparers in the Portsmouth Ohio area. Positions will be full time during tax season (January through April) and part time on an as needed basis throughout the rest of the year.
Successful Candidate MUST have previous income tax preparation experience and be able to work independently. He/She MUST have a valid PTIN issued by the IRS and must have completed or be willing to complete the yearly continuing education requirements necessary to prepare tax returns.
|Director/Manager Corporate Tax|
Division and Unit Overview
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Director/Manager-Corporate Tax is primarily responsible for successfully and proactively managing and ensuring that tax returns, payments and deposits are filed accurately and on a timely basis. Critical to this role is the development of and implementation of the optimal tax strategy for the Company.
Dimensions: List budgets (the budget(s) that this job impacts), number of staff and any other scope data relevant to the job.
Work design: Manages a unit or function that is part of a larger function. Follows established organizational policies. Develops procedures; recommends policies. Decisions involve translating the Division's goals and objectives into unit objectives, defined work assignments and projects; conducting and implementing actions; and short-term planning.
• Develop and direct tax policy.
• Perform research and effectively apply tax laws and regulations to the Company's situation.
• Develop strategy and engage in tax planning to identify and achieve tax savings throughout the Company.
• Coordinate and handle audits from government, outside independent and internal auditors.
• Respond to taxing authority notices and effectively resolve issues in a timely and cost effective manner.
• Work in coordination with the HR and Finance departments to identify and capture tax deductibility in connection with all compensation and benefit programs.
• Ensure all necessary tax reporting to the CFO is completed in a timely fashion and according to standard procedures.
• Direct and oversee tax collections for the company's regulatory rate filings.
• Bachelor's degree from a four year college/university in accounting or finance.
• MBA or Master's degree in a financial discipline.
• Certification as a Certified Public Accountant.
• Ten plus years experience in tax accounting/planning positions with increasing levels of responsibility.
• Strong detailed knowledge of tax and financial reporting practices, GAAP principles and rules including FAS 109, FIN 48, etc.
• Strong knowledge of IRS compliance and reporting requirements and regulations.
• Proven ability to perform tax research, including the ability to read, and apply complex tax laws and directives.
• Strong understanding of, and the ability to communicate, tax laws, regulations, rulings, procedures and court proceedings.
• Strong knowledge of regulatory environments, including knowledge of rate-making concepts.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communications.
• A high degree of professionalism and confidence.
• A take-charge, hands-on management style that is proactive and innovative.
Please send resumes to:
We are searching for a seasoned tax professional to assist in handling client tax work throughout the year. Must be experienced in both corporate and individual tax work, enjoy the technical aspects of tax, have good communication skills and be technologically savvy.
You must be technically strong enough to review the tax preparation of others, love tax work and be able to work mostly independently. CPA/EA or CPA/EA candidate preferred. Your skills will allow the owner to focus on growth and other ancillary services. We’re still small so this is a great opportunity for someone who wants to have an impact.
This opportunity could be an ideal situation for a solo practitioner who needs additional work and would like to join us, or someone who wants to build a client base with us. We have creative ways to integrate situations like this.
Our goal is to build a different type of firm. We want to work with clients we love, and clients who love us. We are working on ways to reduce the extreme seasonality that tax season brings and have a more balanced workload throughout the year. We are striving for a more collaborative, fun working environment, where your expertise and hard work are recognized and rewarded. We use technology extensively and are paperless allowing us to work remotely when needed and to work with clients outside our local area.
Interested? Send us your resume to
and tell us why you think you’d be the perfect fit.
|Senior Tax Manager |
This individual will lead and manage multiple tax engagements to deliver quality tax services for our clients. This position offers excellent opportunities for leadership and career advancement to the right candidate.
Builds new and existing client relationships and demonstrates basic knowledge of client’s businesses.
Reviews federal and state income tax returns for individuals, businesses, benefit funds, real estate, and exempt organizations.
Handles federal, state and local tax audits.
Prepares research memoranda, written correspondence/guidance, and other documents for submission to the IRS or other taxing authorities.
Trains and supervises staff, reviews and evaluates their work.
Manages multiple clients, budgets and production goals.
Masters degree in taxation or finance.
10+ years prior experience in public accounting and tax.
Tax audit experience.
Significant supervisory experience (2+ years).
Strong accounting and analytical skills.
Strong computer skills: proficiency preferred in Drake Software and MS Office.
Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
Detail oriented with ability to multi-task.
Well rounded in dealing with high net worth individuals, businesses, and portfolio of rental properties.