|Office assistant wanted|
We are a family based tax practice located in Richmond Hill, Queens, NY. We are looking for a responsible administrator/receptionist to assist with the busy upcoming tax season. The candidate must be fluent in Spanish and English. In addition, candidate:
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills in both languages
- Work well under pressure
- Be courteous and customer service friendly
- Basic computer skills
- Flexible days and hours
- Possibility for employment beyond tax season
send resume to:
|Tax Preparer Wanted|
We are a family based practice located in Richmond Hill, Queens, NY. We are looking for a responsible tax preparer with 2+ years experience to preparer individual income tax returns. The candidate must be fluent in Spanish and English. In addition, candidate:
- Must have excellent customer service skills
- Tax preparation software experience (Lacerte preferred)
- Must work well under pressure
- Hourly rate based on experience
- Flexible hours
Send Resume to:
1. Establish rapport with clients to build working relationships and increase retention
2. Provide exceptional customer service
3. Prepare individual tax returns utilizing the information provided by the clients and inputting into tax preparation software
4. Other duties as assigned
1. 1+ years of experience preferred
2. Required PTIN eligibility
3. Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
4. Ability to communicate in a professional manner
5. Qualified applicants must be self-starters and computer literate
6. Flexible to work nights and weekends as necessary
7. Attention to detail
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Position requires working in an office atmosphere assisting clients.
|FULL TIME ACCOUNTING POSITION AVAILABLE ON LONG ISLAND|
NATIONAL TAX AND FINANCIAL SERVICES IS LOOKING FOR FULL TIME ACCOUNTANT IN OUR MINEOLA OFFICE. DUTIES INCLUDE PREPARATION OF BOOKS, SALES TAX AND PAYROLL TAXES, AND PREPARATION OF INDIVIDUAL TAXES. KNOWLEDGE OF SMALL BUSINESS AND ULTRATAX A PLUS.
|SEASONAL TAX PREPARER|
MINEOLA OFFICE OF NATIONAL TAX AND FINANCIAL SERVICES IS LOOKING FOR SEASONAL TAX PREPARERS FOR THE UPCOMING TAX SEASON. MINIMUM OF 2 YEARS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED. KNOWLEDGE OF ULTRATAX A PLUS.
|Tax Preparers wanted Full Time, Seasonal at Check City|
- Eligibility for company Benefits after 90 days
- Fixed Hourly wage $12 to $15 based on experience.
- Eligibility for Bonus based on qualification.
- NV State Registration paid.
- Call Julia 702 972.9394
- e-mail resume to Julian@checkcity.com
|Tax Preparers Needed|
Fixed Hourly wage $12 to $15 based on experience.
- Eligibility for Bonus based on qualification.
- NV State Registration paid.
- Eligibility for company Benefits after 90 days
- Call Julia: 702.972.9394
- e-mail resume: Julian@checkcity.com
EXPERIENCED BOOKKEEPER WANTED - FLEXIBLE HOURS - SOME TAX PREPARTION KNOWLEDGE A PLUS
|Seasonal Tax Professionals|
We are hiring Seasonal Tax Professionals preferably with 5 or more years of Tax Preparation experience and active PTIN. We offer a Full Time seasonal employment, eligibility for company benefits after 90 days of service, a fixed hourly wage of $11 and eligibility for bonus, based on qualification. We provide paid NV State registration.
Visit our company website to review the full position description and apply or call 702.972.9394 with questions.
Please note that this is not a position for a CPA or EA.
|Indirect Tax Accountant|
IEEE is the world’s largest professional association advancing technology for the benefit of humanity. We are a catalyst for exciting breakthroughs in computing, sustainable energy systems, aerospace, communications, robotics, healthcare, and many other disciplines that improve the quality of life. Discover your future as part of the IEEE team. Consider the following opportunity:
Indirect Tax Accountant
Finance & Administration
Piscataway, New Jersey
Apply now at:
The successful applicant will ensure the organization’s compliance with global tax filing and reporting requirements and the minimization of tax expenditures with absolute integrity. The following outcomes are expected:
• The accurate preparation and timely filing of assigned tax returns
• Research tax rules and regulations to resolve complex issues, monitor changes that affect the organization, and minimize tax liability
• Interface with volunteers, staff, and professional tax advisors to resolve complex issues
• Educates volunteers and staff regarding tax processes and requirements
• Makes recommendations for business and process improvements
• Meets or exceeds assigned metrics
Uniform indirect tax compliance for IEEE’s global conference business (75%)
• Indirect tax planning
• The development of processes and internal controls
• The adjustment of processes due to changes in legislation
• The management of cross-departmental accounting and tax issues
• The review and reporting of the indirect tax activity for accurate and timely filed monthly or quarterly tax returns, ensuring that timely payments are made to the taxing authorities, and resolving complex issues as they arise
• Ensure the compliance of all IEEE financially sponsored conferences with indirect tax requirements
Accurately prepares and timely files all other assigned indirect tax returns (25%)
• Abandoned property reporting and compliance
• Canadian GST/HST compliance
• Global VAT compliance on sales of digital goods
• Administration of the enterprise transaction tax system for assigned tax jurisdictions
• Other tax filings as assigned
• Maintenance and updating of Policies & Procedures for all assignments
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree with a major in Accounting
• 2-4 years of Accounting or Tax work experience
• Candidates in pursuit of or have completed licensure for CPA and/or CMA are preferred
Skills & Other Requirements:
• Excellent communication and organizational skills, ability to listen and communicate effectively in a clear, comprehensive and tactful manner both verbally and in writing
• Ability to successfully prioritize and lead several projects simultaneously to completion
• Ability to build relationships and constructively interact with the team, internal IEEE departments and volunteers
• Attention to detail and deadlines
• Ability to plan, execute and improve work processes to ensure business and compliance objectives are achieved
• Work independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to analyze compliance requirements, identify problems, design appropriate reporting solutions and solve the problems with moderate supervision
• Strong, proven technical, analytical and problem solving skills
• An understanding of indirect tax compliance and conference business is a plus
• Strong overall computer skills and experience with sales tax and income tax applications
• Proficiency in MS applications such as Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, and MS Project.
Join us in an environment where people look forward to coming to work! IEEE offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, 401(k) plan with company match, a defined contribution retirement plan, a tuition reimbursement program, flexible spending accounts, company paid life insurance, and a business casual dress code.
Please apply online by going to this URL: https://ieee.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=IND00000105&tz=GMT-04%3A00
Only those resumes that go through the URL from the web address will be considered. NO THIRD PARTIES PLEASE.
For information on work demands and conditions required for this position, please consult the reference document, “Physical, Mental, and Work Environment Standards for IEEE Positions.” This position is classified under [Category I—Office Position].
IEEE is an EEO/AAP Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled
Disclaimer: This job description outlines the general nature and key features performed by various positions that share the same job classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of all employees assigned to the job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or re-assign duties to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodations or other business reasons.
Visit www.ieee.org to view details about open positions in one of our four offices: Los Alamitos, CA; New York City; Piscataway, NJ; & Washington, DC.
The IEEE is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
|Virtual Tax Professional|
Now hiring U.S.-based tax professional to complete tax planning reviews and individual and/or entity tax returns. Part-time work outside of tax season and part-time or full-time during tax season. Work virtually from home using cloud-based software. Training on in-house processes provided. Join a seven-decade-strong family-owned accounting firm.
Review and revise business and individual quarterly tax projections.
Monitor tax compliance issues for business entities.
Review business and individual tax situations for tax planning opportunities.
Recommend tax strategies and tactics for clients.
Consult with partners as applicable to determine advantageous client tax moves.
Help clients respond to correspondence from taxing authorities.
Complete individual (1040) and entity (1120S/1065) tax returns, including all forms and filings.
The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of tax preparation experience, having prepared several hundred returns. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have substantial business entity tax preparation and review experience, and will be skilled in tax planning for small business owners. CCH Axcess Tax (or CCH ProSystem fx) experience strongly preferred. Bachelor's degree in Accounting preferred.
Competitive compensation, negotiable based on experience.
Enrolled Agent (EA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) strongly preferred.
Up to date on current tax law including Tax Cuts and Jobs Act and 199A deduction.
Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, and CCH Axcess Tax or ProSystem fx.
High-speed internet connectivity.
Responsible, accountable, takes ownership and initiative.
Positive outlook and sense of humor.
Ability to work evenings and weekends during tax season.
Excellent customer service and communication (interpersonal, written and presentation) skills.
Ability to work independently and understand/carry out detailed instructions.
Solid understanding of policies, procedures, Federal/State legislation and regulations as they impact individual and business tax.
Strong analytical skills
Works as a team player collaborating to ensure individual, team, and company success.
Send resume and cover letter to
Are you interested in joining the NATP team as a Tax Researcher? Our top-notch researchers delve into and answer federal tax questions by telephone, fax, and written correspondence. Researchers must have proficiency in a variety of computer software platforms, and be able to use multiple technical tools in researching answers, including Internal Revenue Code, Regulations, CCH, RIA, PPC, and Tax Court cases.
The ideal candidate for this position will enjoy challenges and diversity in the work day. He/she will be passionate -and knowledgeable- about tax code, regulations, theory and practice applicable to all areas of federal tax law.
If you’d like to learn more about this position, please send inquiries to:
|Part-Time Tax Accountant|
Seeking an experienced tax professional to join sole practitioner office (located in Flossmoor) for the 2017 tax season with the opportunity for ongoing contracting work throughout the year. Weekly hours estimated at 20-25 weekly starting in mid-February through mid-April. Perfect for retirees, students, stay-at-home parents.
Responsible for preparing complete and accurate tax returns. Duties include, but are not limited to:
•Completing all related tax forms in accordance with policies and in compliance with legislation and regulations.
•Auditing all tax return forms for accuracy and completeness prior to submitting to CPA for final review.
•Researching tax related questions and issues while responding to clients appropriately and within a timely manner.
•Maintaining a professional positive image.
•General administrative duties and assistance as needed.
MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS :
•Ability to work flexible hours including weekends.
•Associate or Bachelor Degree (Business, Accounting or Management ideal)
• MUST HAVE 2-3+ recent years experiencing completing form 1040 and most federal schedules.
•Knowledge of preparing forms 1120, 1120S or 1065
•Pleasant personality, strong verbal and written communication skills.
•Knowledge and experience with a Windows based computer system.
•Ability to work independently; organize and prioritize your work.
•Background check will be conducted.
•Knowledge of ProSeries tax preparation software.
•Experience working with QuickBooks and Microsoft Excel.
•General bookkeeping or accounting knowledge.
-Enrolled Agent or CPA with tax experience preferred
-$20-$25 hourly DOE
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT HAVE TAX PREPARATION EXPERIENCE.
Our firm is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Part-time
Flossmoor, IL 60422
Tax Preparation: 2 years
|Director/Manager Corporate Tax|
Division and Unit Overview
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Director/Manager-Corporate Tax is primarily responsible for successfully and proactively managing and ensuring that tax returns, payments and deposits are filed accurately and on a timely basis. Critical to this role is the development of and implementation of the optimal tax strategy for the Company.
Dimensions: List budgets (the budget(s) that this job impacts), number of staff and any other scope data relevant to the job.
Work design: Manages a unit or function that is part of a larger function. Follows established organizational policies. Develops procedures; recommends policies. Decisions involve translating the Division's goals and objectives into unit objectives, defined work assignments and projects; conducting and implementing actions; and short-term planning.
• Develop and direct tax policy.
• Perform research and effectively apply tax laws and regulations to the Company's situation.
• Develop strategy and engage in tax planning to identify and achieve tax savings throughout the Company.
• Coordinate and handle audits from government, outside independent and internal auditors.
• Respond to taxing authority notices and effectively resolve issues in a timely and cost effective manner.
• Work in coordination with the HR and Finance departments to identify and capture tax deductibility in connection with all compensation and benefit programs.
• Ensure all necessary tax reporting to the CFO is completed in a timely fashion and according to standard procedures.
• Direct and oversee tax collections for the company's regulatory rate filings.
• Bachelor's degree from a four year college/university in accounting or finance.
• MBA or Master's degree in a financial discipline.
• Certification as a Certified Public Accountant.
• Ten plus years experience in tax accounting/planning positions with increasing levels of responsibility.
• Strong detailed knowledge of tax and financial reporting practices, GAAP principles and rules including FAS 109, FIN 48, etc.
• Strong knowledge of IRS compliance and reporting requirements and regulations.
• Proven ability to perform tax research, including the ability to read, and apply complex tax laws and directives.
• Strong understanding of, and the ability to communicate, tax laws, regulations, rulings, procedures and court proceedings.
• Strong knowledge of regulatory environments, including knowledge of rate-making concepts.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communications.
• A high degree of professionalism and confidence.
• A take-charge, hands-on management style that is proactive and innovative.
Please send resumes to:
|Senior Tax Manager |
This individual will lead and manage multiple tax engagements to deliver quality tax services for our clients. This position offers excellent opportunities for leadership and career advancement to the right candidate.
Builds new and existing client relationships and demonstrates basic knowledge of client’s businesses.
Reviews federal and state income tax returns for individuals, businesses, benefit funds, real estate, and exempt organizations.
Handles federal, state and local tax audits.
Prepares research memoranda, written correspondence/guidance, and other documents for submission to the IRS or other taxing authorities.
Trains and supervises staff, reviews and evaluates their work.
Manages multiple clients, budgets and production goals.
Masters degree in taxation or finance.
10+ years prior experience in public accounting and tax.
Tax audit experience.
Significant supervisory experience (2+ years).
Strong accounting and analytical skills.
Strong computer skills: proficiency preferred in Drake Software and MS Office.
Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
Detail oriented with ability to multi-task.
Well rounded in dealing with high net worth individuals, businesses, and portfolio of rental properties.