|TAX PREPARER HOUSTON|
We have an immediate opening for a Tax Preparer.
We are seeking a person that will be full-time, self-sufficient, with can-do attitude. Must have experience with Individual and some corporate tax preparation.
Tax Preparer a minimum of five (5) years work experience preparing taxes.
Must be fast paced and be able to meet tight deadlines.
Must know MS Office: Word, Excel, and Outlook
Prefer non-smoker, small professional office atmosphere.
Good communication skills, detailed oriented.
Also Experience using QuickBooks software is a plus.
Job Duties include but not limited to:
- Tax preparation, Individual, Corporate & Partnership
-Preparation of current and prior years taxes as well.
- Assist in preparation of IRS collection statements and Offer in compromise.
If you have a desire to learn IRS representation and become a Enrolled Agent this is the position for you.
Enrolled Agent (EA) or CPA is a plus!
To be considered, a resume must be provided, including references, historical compensation and desired compensation.
|EA/CPA/BOOKKEEPER/PAYROLL POSTIONS AVAILABLE|
LV BASED TAX FIRM HAS MULTIPLE LOCAL OR VIRTUAL OPENINGS AVAILABLE FOR A TAX PRO (EA/CPA) TO DO TAX PREP ON LINE OR SIDE-CHECK TAX PREP DONE BY ANOTHER. ALSO HAVE OPENING FOR A CPA TO OVERSEE/DO BOOKKEEPING AND ACCOUNTING AND ALSO FOR BOOKKEEPER AND PAYROLL SPECIALIST. GOOD PAY. 1099 PROBABLE. PERCENTAGE ARRANGEMENTS AVAILABLE OTHER OPTIONS IF PREFERRED.
Contact David Horwedel
|Income Tax Preparer - Gillette, NJ|
Small growing CPA Tax Preparation firm in Gillette NJ is seeking a Tax Preparer on year-round basis, with flexible hours. Opportunity for growth and advancement. The ideal candidate will have 4 years or more professional experience in preparing complex income tax returns for individuals and partnerships (CPA not required but preferred) (Some Audit experience helpful). Send resume and per diem or salary requirements Including tax software experience (i.e., ProSystem, Ultra Tax, Intuit, Lacerte etc.) and Tax Research experience to: Linda@BerkeleyTax.Com
4 years or more professional income tax preparation experience (complex income tax returns) including ability to perform tax research,
CPA not required but preferred,
Strong communication and interpersonal skills,
Excellent attention to detail with a high quality for accuracy,
Prior Audit experience preferred,
Experience with CCH ProSystem and Ultra Tax is preferred,
Ability to commute to Gillette NJ
$29 - $46 / Hour
|Seasonal Tax Pro Wanted!|
Now hiring a seasonal pro for this tax season! Comp is $25/hour plus per tax return bonus! Contact today with cover letter, resume and salary requirements. MN or AZ resident preferred. EA or CPA preferred. PTIN required.
This position is seasonal or year-round, if interested.
|Tax Associate - Wayzata, MN|
CAPTRUST is an investment management-advisory firm headquartered in Raleigh, North Carolina. We provide investment advisory services to retirement plan fiduciaries, endowments and foundations and wealth planning services to executives, business owners, and families.
CAPTRUST operates as one unified practice where the backgrounds and perspectives of all colleagues are collectively leveraged to service our clients beyond expectation. We are building a world class organization “one brick at a time. “
The Tax Associate is a client relationship management position providing administrative, tax compliance, and fiduciary support. The Tax Associate’s primary responsibility is to coordinate and participate in client services within a team concept.
* Coordinates tax services for clients as part of a team model
* Analyzes and resolves basic client issues using sound judgment based on experience
* Updates client files and records as appropriate
* Prepares quarterly and annual tax income reports and provisions
Are you the next brick?
To get it done the “CAPTRUST Way”, an individual should exhibit the following characteristics:
* Ability to build successful, collaborative, and trusting relationships
* Instinctive aptitude for consistently creating accurate, concise, respectful, and easy to understand verbal and written communications conveying complex information
* Has a strong sense of urgency about getting work done and solving problems to achieve results that benefit our clients and colleagues even when faced with challenges
* Possess a strong desire to give back to our communities and enrich the lives of those around us
* Emulates an other’s centered mindset
* Applies integrity through maintaining objectivity
* Bachelor’s degree in relevant concentration from an accredited university or equivalent years of working experience
* 1-3 years current public accounting experience including individual and trust taxation
* Actively working towards CPA certification
* Working knowledge of federal, state, and local income tax laws
* Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, CRM and tax preparation, and research software
Perks and Other Benefits:
5% 401(k) Match
Healthy lifestyle reimbursements
Comprehensive Health Coverage + Healthy Lifestyle Reimbursement
+ Many more…
At CAPTRUST, we are committed to building and maintaining a diverse workforce and inclusive work environment where ALL colleagues feel authentically seen, respected, and supported.
CAPTRUST is committed to provide employment opportunities without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, familial status, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, marital status and registered domestic partner status, citizenship status, military and veteran status, disability, protected medical condition, genetic information or any other status protected by law. CAPTRUST makes all employment decisions without regard to these protected statuses and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination. #LI-DNI
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/7e8XAjuBLKN6TqqDT7PrQ
|Enrolled Agent (EA) - Albuquerque NM Area|
We want to hire -- for a full-time, year-round position -- an Enrolled Agent with practical experience in individual and small business tax return preparation and tax planning – including bookkeeping and payroll tasks.
We are an accounting, tax, planning and tax resolution firm, currently on a growth path of 30% per year, that has been serving small business and individual clients since 1982. Our operational model delivers a steady flow of work throughout the year, so while there is an uptick in activity around tax deadlines, the remainder of the year remains busy.
To succeed in this role, you must be a motivated self-starter while showing interest in following changes to tax regulations and laws. Excellent time management skills are also essential, as you’ll be responsible for ensuring client deadlines are met while delivering a high-quality product. Other responsibilities include communicating in writing and orally with clients to get and deliver information, as well as organizing and maintaining client records.
An EA (Enrolled Agent) certification is required.
Compensation is commensurate with experience.
o Industry certification as an Enrolled Agent (EA) is required
o Computer literacy in QuickBooks and Microsoft Office required, experience with ProSeries a plus
o Familiarity with other accounting software packages, a plus
o Must be available to work five days a week, Monday through Friday 8am-5pm
o Must be driven, willing to continuously learn and grow, and a problem solver with a strong customer service focus
o Proven work experience as a Tax Accountant, Tax Analyst or Tax Preparer, a plus
o Knowledge of accounting, payroll and bookkeeping procedures
o Excellent analytical and time management skills
o Strong numerical skills
o Keen attention to detail & strong organizational skills
o Prepare estimated tax payments, tax returns and related documents
o Perform bookkeeping and bookkeeping reviews, as required
o Prepare payroll and associated reports
o Organize and update the company’s tax database
o Share financial data with the appropriate taxing authorities
o Follow industry trends and track changes related to taxes
o Work closely with clients to obtain required financial data
o Train clients in bookkeeping and record keeping as requested
|We Need Your Expertise! Positions Available in Folsom, Santa Ana, and Thousand Oaks, CA! |
TaxAudit is actively hiring enrolled agents to represent and defend our customers in IRS and state audits. As a member of our team, you will receive on the job training and the chance to use your tax knowledge to help people in a way that truly makes a difference. We also offer excellent compensation, great benefits, year-round or seasonal work, and a schedule that fits your lifestyle. Check out our careers website https://careers.taxaudit.com
to find out more and apply. If you have questions, please email email@example.com
|Remote office - Tax Preparer opportunity|
Tax and accounting office seeking tax preparer.
Prefer EA or CPA designation
Work remote with flexible hours
Drake tax software experience a plus
Experience preparing business (1120, 1120S, 1065) and individual returns.
Experience preparing foreign reporting Forms 5471, 8938, FBAR, 3520, 8858, etc. would be ideal but not required.
with resume or summary of experience and qualifications.
|Tax preparer - remote work|
Seeking qualified candidate, preferably Enrolled Agent or CPA with tax preparation experience (5+ years) to prepare form 1040, 1120, 1120S, 1065, 1041, 990, and state tax returns.
Drake tax software, Xero and QB Online accounting, Excel, Adobe Acrobat. Remote work opportunity.
|Tax Preparer needed in Northglenn, CO.|
Job Openings for Seasonal Tax Professionals Jan-April 2021 in Northglenn, CO
A well-established, small but busy, seasonal Northglenn, CO Income Tax Preparation Service is seeking experienced Tax Professionals to join our team. The preferred candidate would have 2-5 years tax preparation experience, preferably an Enrolled Agent, CPA or a participant of the IRS AFSP. Contact Kendra@northglenntax.com
|Full-time and Part-time tax professionals - Batavia, IL |
We are a well-established, single-office firm specializing in individual and business tax preparation and small business accounting services. We deliver professional, highly-attentive service. We offer thorough training and a supportive, collaborative, team-oriented work environment. We support and encourage good work-life balance for all our staff.
We are presently recruiting seasoned tax professionals with recent experience preparing individual and corporate tax returns. Opportunities include both part time and full time employment. Duties include direct interaction with clients to prepare returns and assist with tax planning consultations, Quick Books bookkeeping and financial statement preparation. Other duties include payroll processing and payroll return preparation, IRS and state tax notice resolution, and IRS representation.
We offer the flexibility to work remotely on a part-time basis.
Our firm has been in the Batavia area for over 25 years, has a loyal client base of over 600 small businesses and local families. We offer a flexible and friendly work environment, and excellent upward growth potential in terms of compensation and duties.
COVID-19 considerations: To protect the health and safety of our staff, we have suspended face-to-face client meetings. We are requesting clients use a self-drop kiosk in our private lobby, file sharing through our online portal and/or phone consultations. Our reception area is protected by a plexi-glass shield.
To apply or inquire further, please email resume to: Officemanager@kennedyandcompanycpas.com
|Virtual Tax Preparers Wanted |
We are looking for licensed tax preparers to assist us during the upcoming 2021 tax season. Hours can be flexible since these are virtual positions. Compensation is hourly and based upon experience with the potential to convert to full time after tax season.
|Tax Preparer 2021 Tax Season|
Small busy tax and accounting firm in Chicago, IL seeking an experienced tax preparer for the 2021 tax season. This position is available with flexible hours. Full-time and/or Part-time hours will be considered. In this rewarding position you will provide a variety of services related to individual and corporate tax preparation, while maintaining all company policies and control procedures. The most desired candidate will be positive, reliable, self-motivated individual with superior organization skills, attention to detail, deadline driven and able to execute multiple tasks simultaneously. Compensation is commensurate with the candidate's experience and skills.
- Must have a minimum of 1+ years of recent experience in tax preparation.
- Capable of completing a 1040 tax return
- Ability to work independently and be a positive self-motivated problem solver with great attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and follow up skills both verbal and written a must.
- Demonstrate ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Prefer a knowledge of tax software, preferably Drake Tax
- Correspond with IRS, and IDES to resolve client tax notices.
- Process & finalize tax returns *PTIN required, will assist in applying for in needed.
Candidate must have public tax experience
Due to Covid our office will not be seeing clients in person this tax season. We will be working on dropped off tax returns only.
If interested please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Hiring Experienced Tax Pros!|
Your Future Can Start Today!
At Jackson Hewitt, we know the value of a good tax return. And with clients in every part of the country, we need Tax Pros that can speak their language while speaking taxes. If you’re bi-lingual (especially in Spanish), we have an amazing opportunity to share with you.
Jackson Hewitt* is currently hiring Tax Pros and other positions for the upcoming tax season. With flexible schedules available, there are a variety of options that work around your busy life. Plus, with extensive training, you can be sure you’re getting all of the
support you need to enhance your success.
Join an experienced team!
When you become part of a Jackson Hewitt team, you are part of a network of Jackson Hewitt and its franchised offices that care about their clients and workers. Benefits* may include:
• Great pay with opportunity for bonuses
• FREE continuing tax education**
• Employee recognition programs
• Advancement potential
• Flexible scheduling
• Free Annual Federal Tax Refresher (AFTR) Course to help you get the Annual Filing Season Program (AFSP) Record of Completion from the IRS!
Help People, Do Taxes. Now Hiring Tax Pros and More!
Use the link below to sign up to be contacted.https://www.jacksonhewitt.com/tax-preparation-classes/#jh-tpr-form
* Most Jackson Hewitt locations are operated by independent franchisees who are independent employers, and set their own employment policies and practices. Franchisees are the exclusive employer of their employees and as such are solely responsible for all employment related matters and decisions in their locations. Jackson Hewitt does not control the independent franchisees’ employment policies and practices and does not employ those working at franchised locations. Jackson Hewitt and its franchisees are equal opportunity employers committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce.
** Jackson Hewitt is an IRS approved continuing education provider. All Jackson Hewitt employees in good standing are eligible to receive free education and continuing education credits. At this time, the only preparers required by the IRS to maintain annual continuing education include Enrolled Agents (EAs) and Annual Filing Season Program—Record of Completion Holders (AFSP). Attorneys and CPA continuing education requirements are governed by their respective State Boards. Jackson Hewitt is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
|EAs and Experienced Pros|
|TAX PREPARER ALEXANDRIA, VA|
Tax Preparer. Part-time employment for the 2020 Tax Season for Alexandria, VA, Enrolled Agent firm.
Be familiar with Microsoft Office, 1040 Schedules B, C, D, & E transactions.
Prepare and file Federal and Multiple State Returns such as 1040, 1120S, 1041.
2 to 5 years’ experience in federal and state income tax preparation.
Relevant experience with a tax preparation company.
Have a PTIN number.
Being familiar with Pro Series Professional Tax Preparation Software is a plus.
Proof all tax return forms for accuracy and completeness prior to submitting to EA for final review.
Enrolled Agent preferred or actively pursuing the Enrolled Agent designation.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT HAVE TAX PREPARATION EXPERIENCE.
Email resume to: email@example.com
|North Phoenix Accountant/Tax Preparer Postion|
Busy, North Phoenix, Accounting/Tax Office is seeking an experienced tax preparer with a current PTIN (preferred). Must have good analytical skills be able to provide quality customer service and enjoy interacting with clients. This is intended to be a reoccurring seasonal (January-April) position, with a high possibility for the right person to become a partner in the practice.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Advise clients in the tax preparation process and prepare and file Federal and Multiple State Returns such as 1040, 1120S, 1120, 1065, 1041, and 990.
· Prepare and file Federal Schedules such as (EIC, Sch C, D, E and simple F)
· Verify Tax Returns for Accuracy Prior to E-filing
· Conduct Face to Face Interviews with Clients
· Experience Completing Individual Tax Returns. (2 to 5 years' experience)
· Experience Using Tax Preparation Software. (Drake Preferred)
· Working Knowledge and Understanding EITC due diligence requirements.
· Excellent Customer Service Skills with Strong Written and Verbal Communication Skills.
· Knowledge of Windows Based Computers and Microsoft Word and Excel Programs.
· Experience Working in a Fast-Past Environment.
. Ability to work Nights and Weekends during the January-April.
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize as needed
· Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented
. Demonstrate success in making tax / accounting problems disappear for distressed clients.
· Bachelor’s or Associates degree in Accounting or related field of study preferred.
. CPA certification or EA designation or actively pursuing a license preferred, but not mandatory.
|Senior Global Tax Analyst|
Princeton University is seeking an experienced international tax specialist to join the Office of Finance and Treasury (https://finance.princeton.edu/
) as a Senior Global Tax Analyst. The Senior Global Tax Analyst is a highly collaborative and customer focused role that has overall responsibility for international tax reporting and compliance. Under the direction of the Senior Associate Director for Global Financial Services, this position is the University's subject matter expert on US tax laws for foreign nationals, and will manage overseas tax reporting for Princeton's international academic programs. The Senior Global Tax Analyst establishes best practice policies and procedures, and coordinates the onboarding and taxation for Princeton's international faculty, staff, students and guests.
This position will stay abreast of changes to tax laws, tax treaties, and IRS tax filings, and is proactive in adjusting applicable processes. This position will also be the University's primary Certified Acceptance Agent for ITIN applications. The Senior Global Tax Analyst position requires a high level of analysis and critical thinking to ensure compliance with tax laws, while balancing the needs of Princeton's diverse international community.
In addition to supporting Princeton's international population on campus, this position will work closely with the Senior Associate Director to serve the University's global teaching and research mission. Responsibilities include assisting with the creation and implementation of policies and procedures, representing Global Financial Services to campus partners, improving operational efficiencies, and performing other duties as assigned.
The Office of Finance & Treasury actively searches for staff members of exceptional ability and promise who share in Princeton University's commitment to excellence, and who present a diversity of viewpoints and cultures. We offer varied professional opportunities spanning all aspects of financial management, analysis, and processing in support of the teaching and research mission. As part of the University community, we respect the dignity and individuality of each member while trying to foster a sense of shared experience and common purpose. We are unwavering in our commitment to both diversity and community and embrace the variety of talents, backgrounds, and perspectives of all of our colleagues
International Tax Reporting and Compliance
• Collaborate with Payroll and Accounts Payable teams to onboard, pay and determine taxation requirements for international faculty, staff, students, and guests
• Serve as the University's subject matter expert on international tax compliance, staying abreast of all related tax laws
• Initiate IRS tax filings and payments, and perform monthly tax reconciliations
• Lead year-end 1042/1042-S tax filing process to generate, reconcile, distribute, and transmit tax forms to University's international population, and the IRS by required deadlines
• Manage tax database of Princeton's international students, scholars and guests
• Manage transfer pricing compliance and country-by-country reporting
• Provide tax expertise to University's international community, conduct tax research to solve individual inquiries, and offer solutions to challenging tax situations related to university payments
• Collaborate with key campus stakeholders (Payroll, Accounts Payable, Graduate School, Davis International Center, academic departments, et al) to deliver the highest level of customer service
• Provide ongoing tax support to academic departments to ensure service and quality for international scholars
• Create and facilitate information workshops and training for university departments and international faculty, employees, and students
• Coordinate student and scholar information sessions, including new student orientation, ITIN workshops, and annual tax filing sessions
Creation and Implementation of Policies and Procedures
• Create a digital database of existing and future international tax procedures
• Work closely with the Senior Associate Director to transition existing and antiquated procedures to more efficient and functional processes, determine where new procedures need to be established, and document them in a digital procedures database
• Create processes that are adaptable to internal and external changes, and document accordingly
• Ensure that policies and procedures are accessible and communicated to the campus community
Quality Assurance /Audit
• Create systems to ensure the correct application of taxes and compliance with all IRS regulations and tax treaties
• Bachelor's degree in tax, accounting, finance, business or other related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience
• 5-7 years' work experience, with 1-2 years in nonresident tax compliance
• Experience with 1042-S's, IRS 1042 filing, and payment requirements
• Knowledge of IRS regulations and laws regarding international taxation, and knowledge of BEPS
• Working knowledge of immigration statuses and related employment rules
• Strong customer service and communication skills
• Highly collaborative
• Advanced level proficiency with Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to work with diverse groups of people, and clearly communicate tax information
• Ability to manage time, prioritize multiple tasks, and work effectively and accurately under tight deadlines
• Ability to analyze information and recommend appropriate action for nonresident tax issues
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, including ability to proactively recommend options to balance external compliance requirements with operational efficiency and customer service
• Experience with PeopleSoft
• Experience with Glacier and/or International Tax Navigator
• Working knowledge of payroll functions and processes
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (https://rrr.princeton.edu/eop
) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
Apply Here: https://www.Click2Apply.net/xjy4jwhghwxdrb78
1. Establish rapport with clients to build working relationships and increase retention
2. Provide exceptional customer service
3. Prepare individual tax returns utilizing the information provided by the clients and inputting into tax preparation software
4. Other duties as assigned
1. 1+ years of experience preferred
2. Required PTIN eligibility
3. Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
4. Ability to communicate in a professional manner
5. Qualified applicants must be self-starters and computer literate
6. Flexible to work nights and weekends as necessary
7. Attention to detail
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Position requires working in an office atmosphere assisting clients.
|Indirect Tax Accountant|
IEEE is the world’s largest professional association advancing technology for the benefit of humanity. We are a catalyst for exciting breakthroughs in computing, sustainable energy systems, aerospace, communications, robotics, healthcare, and many other disciplines that improve the quality of life. Discover your future as part of the IEEE team. Consider the following opportunity:
Indirect Tax Accountant
Finance & Administration
Piscataway, New Jersey
Apply now at:
The successful applicant will ensure the organization’s compliance with global tax filing and reporting requirements and the minimization of tax expenditures with absolute integrity. The following outcomes are expected:
• The accurate preparation and timely filing of assigned tax returns
• Research tax rules and regulations to resolve complex issues, monitor changes that affect the organization, and minimize tax liability
• Interface with volunteers, staff, and professional tax advisors to resolve complex issues
• Educates volunteers and staff regarding tax processes and requirements
• Makes recommendations for business and process improvements
• Meets or exceeds assigned metrics
Uniform indirect tax compliance for IEEE’s global conference business (75%)
• Indirect tax planning
• The development of processes and internal controls
• The adjustment of processes due to changes in legislation
• The management of cross-departmental accounting and tax issues
• The review and reporting of the indirect tax activity for accurate and timely filed monthly or quarterly tax returns, ensuring that timely payments are made to the taxing authorities, and resolving complex issues as they arise
• Ensure the compliance of all IEEE financially sponsored conferences with indirect tax requirements
Accurately prepares and timely files all other assigned indirect tax returns (25%)
• Abandoned property reporting and compliance
• Canadian GST/HST compliance
• Global VAT compliance on sales of digital goods
• Administration of the enterprise transaction tax system for assigned tax jurisdictions
• Other tax filings as assigned
• Maintenance and updating of Policies & Procedures for all assignments
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree with a major in Accounting
• 2-4 years of Accounting or Tax work experience
• Candidates in pursuit of or have completed licensure for CPA and/or CMA are preferred
Skills & Other Requirements:
• Excellent communication and organizational skills, ability to listen and communicate effectively in a clear, comprehensive and tactful manner both verbally and in writing
• Ability to successfully prioritize and lead several projects simultaneously to completion
• Ability to build relationships and constructively interact with the team, internal IEEE departments and volunteers
• Attention to detail and deadlines
• Ability to plan, execute and improve work processes to ensure business and compliance objectives are achieved
• Work independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to analyze compliance requirements, identify problems, design appropriate reporting solutions and solve the problems with moderate supervision
• Strong, proven technical, analytical and problem solving skills
• An understanding of indirect tax compliance and conference business is a plus
• Strong overall computer skills and experience with sales tax and income tax applications
• Proficiency in MS applications such as Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, and MS Project.
Join us in an environment where people look forward to coming to work! IEEE offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, 401(k) plan with company match, a defined contribution retirement plan, a tuition reimbursement program, flexible spending accounts, company paid life insurance, and a business casual dress code.
Please apply online by going to this URL: https://ieee.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=IND00000105&tz=GMT-04%3A00
Only those resumes that go through the URL from the web address will be considered. NO THIRD PARTIES PLEASE.
For information on work demands and conditions required for this position, please consult the reference document, “Physical, Mental, and Work Environment Standards for IEEE Positions.” This position is classified under [Category I—Office Position].
IEEE is an EEO/AAP Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled
Disclaimer: This job description outlines the general nature and key features performed by various positions that share the same job classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of all employees assigned to the job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or re-assign duties to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodations or other business reasons.
Visit www.ieee.org to view details about open positions in one of our four offices: Los Alamitos, CA; New York City; Piscataway, NJ; & Washington, DC.
The IEEE is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
Are you interested in joining the NATP team as a Tax Researcher? Our top-notch researchers delve into and answer federal tax questions by telephone, fax, and written correspondence. Researchers must have proficiency in a variety of computer software platforms, and be able to use multiple technical tools in researching answers, including Internal Revenue Code, Regulations, CCH, RIA, PPC, and Tax Court cases.
The ideal candidate for this position will enjoy challenges and diversity in the work day. He/she will be passionate -and knowledgeable- about tax code, regulations, theory and practice applicable to all areas of federal tax law.
If you’d like to learn more about this position, please send inquiries to:
|Director/Manager Corporate Tax|
Division and Unit Overview
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Director/Manager-Corporate Tax is primarily responsible for successfully and proactively managing and ensuring that tax returns, payments and deposits are filed accurately and on a timely basis. Critical to this role is the development of and implementation of the optimal tax strategy for the Company.
Dimensions: List budgets (the budget(s) that this job impacts), number of staff and any other scope data relevant to the job.
Work design: Manages a unit or function that is part of a larger function. Follows established organizational policies. Develops procedures; recommends policies. Decisions involve translating the Division's goals and objectives into unit objectives, defined work assignments and projects; conducting and implementing actions; and short-term planning.
• Develop and direct tax policy.
• Perform research and effectively apply tax laws and regulations to the Company's situation.
• Develop strategy and engage in tax planning to identify and achieve tax savings throughout the Company.
• Coordinate and handle audits from government, outside independent and internal auditors.
• Respond to taxing authority notices and effectively resolve issues in a timely and cost effective manner.
• Work in coordination with the HR and Finance departments to identify and capture tax deductibility in connection with all compensation and benefit programs.
• Ensure all necessary tax reporting to the CFO is completed in a timely fashion and according to standard procedures.
• Direct and oversee tax collections for the company's regulatory rate filings.
• Bachelor's degree from a four year college/university in accounting or finance.
• MBA or Master's degree in a financial discipline.
• Certification as a Certified Public Accountant.
• Ten plus years experience in tax accounting/planning positions with increasing levels of responsibility.
• Strong detailed knowledge of tax and financial reporting practices, GAAP principles and rules including FAS 109, FIN 48, etc.
• Strong knowledge of IRS compliance and reporting requirements and regulations.
• Proven ability to perform tax research, including the ability to read, and apply complex tax laws and directives.
• Strong understanding of, and the ability to communicate, tax laws, regulations, rulings, procedures and court proceedings.
• Strong knowledge of regulatory environments, including knowledge of rate-making concepts.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communications.
• A high degree of professionalism and confidence.
• A take-charge, hands-on management style that is proactive and innovative.
Please send resumes to:
|Senior Tax Manager |
This individual will lead and manage multiple tax engagements to deliver quality tax services for our clients. This position offers excellent opportunities for leadership and career advancement to the right candidate.
Builds new and existing client relationships and demonstrates basic knowledge of client’s businesses.
Reviews federal and state income tax returns for individuals, businesses, benefit funds, real estate, and exempt organizations.
Handles federal, state and local tax audits.
Prepares research memoranda, written correspondence/guidance, and other documents for submission to the IRS or other taxing authorities.
Trains and supervises staff, reviews and evaluates their work.
Manages multiple clients, budgets and production goals.
Masters degree in taxation or finance.
10+ years prior experience in public accounting and tax.
Tax audit experience.
Significant supervisory experience (2+ years).
Strong accounting and analytical skills.
Strong computer skills: proficiency preferred in Drake Software and MS Office.
Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
Detail oriented with ability to multi-task.
Well rounded in dealing with high net worth individuals, businesses, and portfolio of rental properties.