Duration: 100 minutes
Course Level: Basic
Advanced Preparation: None
Delivery Method: Self-Study
Field of Study|
IRS *||2||EA||Federal Tax Law Topic|
CTEC||2||CRTP||Federal Tax Law Topic|
CFP Board||2||CFP®||Retirement Planning|
* NATP will report CPE credits to the IRS for all PTIN holders. CPE is currently not mandatory for RTRPs or RTRP candidates and any option to register or participate in this program is strictly voluntary.
Fees: $52 for Members and $64 for Nonmembers
As individuals near retirement age, they begin to ask their tax professionals questions about retirement. They wonder how soon they can retire and what retirement means for their finances. Tax professionals may also encounter questions about the individual’s eligibility to receive social security benefits, the amount the individual will receive, the process for applying, if the amount received subject to tax and many other questions. This on-demand webinar is designed to help tax professionals work through these questions with their clients.
Upon completion of this on-demand webinar, you will be able to:
- Determine who is eligible to receive social security benefits.
- Explain how to apply for social security benefits.
- Discuss the calculation of potential social security benefits.
- Calculate the taxable amount of social security benefits.
- Examine the advantages and disadvantages of when to collect social security benefits.
- Discuss the effect of worker’s compensation benefits on social security benefits.
Presenter:Lawrence (Larry) Zimbler, MST, EA
CPE Sponsor Information