Duration: 100 minutes
Course Level: Intermediate
Prerequisite: Basic knowledge of business taxation
Advanced Preparation: None
Delivery Method: Self-Study
Field of Study|
IRS *||2||EA||Federal Tax Law Topic|
CTEC||2||CRTP||Federal Tax Law Topic|
CFP Board||2||CFP®||Income Tax Planning|
* NATP will report CPE credits to the IRS for all PTIN holders. CPE is currently not mandatory for RTRPs or RTRP candidates and any option to register or participate in this program is strictly voluntary.
Fees: $52 for Members and $64 for Nonmembers
The domestic production activities deduction (DPAD) provides a tax savings against income attributable to domestic production activities and has a broad range of benefits. Calculating the deduction often produces unique complexities with which tax preparers may not be familiar. This webinar will cover the basic concepts of the deduction, including which activities qualify and the different cost allocation methods. A tax professional should not rely on the deduction calculated by the tax software.
Upon completion of this on-demand webinar, you will be able to:
- Identify which activities qualify for the DPAD.
- Determine the proper components needed to figure the deduction.
- Apply the difference cost allocation methods of the deduction.
- Compute the deduction by completing Form 8903,
Domestic Production Activities Deduction.
- Discuss proper reporting for flow-through entities.
Melinda Garvin, EA
CPE Sponsor Information