Duration: 100 minutes
Course Level: Intermediate
Prerequisite: Basic knowledge of individual income taxation
Advanced Preparation: None
Delivery Method: Self-Study
Field of Study|
IRS *||2||EA||Federal Tax Law Topic|
CTEC||2||CRTP||Federal Tax Law Topic|
CFP Board||2||CFP®||Income Tax Planning|
* NATP will report CPE credits to the IRS for all PTIN holders. CPE is currently not mandatory for RTRPs or RTRP candidates and any option to register or participate in this program is strictly voluntary.
Fees: $52 for Members and $64 for Nonmembers
Clergy taxation has a set of rules all its own. From housing allowance to retirement income, tax professionals need to be sure they are properly reporting their clergy clients’ income and expenses. This on-demand webinar is designed to review the tax situations specific to clergy and to teach the tax professional how to properly prepare a clergy member’s individual income tax return. This on-demand webinar also walks through a detailed example of the implications applicable to clergy tax returns. Tax professionals who do taxes for priests or ministers shouldn’t miss this webinar!
Upon completion of this on-demand webinar, you will be able to:
- Identify various potential sources of clergy members’ income.
- Allocate expenses among the various sources of clergy income.
- Determine the potential tax impact of housing allowances.
- Determine the tax impact of electing out of self-employment tax.
Steven (Steve) O'Rourke, EA
CPE Sponsor Information