2013 IRS Practice and Procedure Update
Duration: 100 minutes
Course Level: Basic
Advanced Preparation: None
Delivery Method: Self-Study
||Field of Study|
||Federal Tax Law Topic|
||Federal Tax Law Topic|
* NATP will report CPE credits to the IRS for all PTIN holders. CPE is currently not mandatory for RTRPs or RTRP candidates and any option to register or participate in this program is strictly voluntary.
Fees: $52 for Members and $64 for Nonmembers
If you are a tax practitioner, it is inevitable that your clients will need your help with an IRS issue after they file their tax returns. Why? In the past 10 years, the IRS has increased compliance efforts to close the tax gap, last measured at about $450 billion. In 2012, there were major changes to most areas of IRS practice and procedure that will affect you and your firm.
This on-demand webinar will cover the most recent major changes and trends related to IRS practice and procedure, and how they affect specific categories of your practice. These issues include examinations, collection, appeals, penalties, matching programs, voluntary compliance programs and more. This on-demand webinar will also cover administrative changes that affect your practice, including changes to authorizations, e-Services and Circular 230.
Find out about the issues you are likely to see for your clients in 2013. You’ll learn about IRS audit targets for 2013, new compliance programs such as business-matching initiatives, and changes to collection rules under IRS Fresh Start initiatives. Learn strategies for how to help your clients with the issues they will likely face in 2013.
Upon completion of this on-demand webinar, you will be able to:
- Describe the IRS’ post-filing compliance strategies to close the tax gap and their effects on your clients.
- Define the IRS compliance focus areas for 2013.
- Identify the major procedural changes to IRS examination, collection, voluntary compliance and automated matching programs.
- Examine changes made to IRS power of attorney and authorizations, e-Services and Circular 230, and their effects on your firm’s practices.
Presenter: James Buttonow, CPA
Jim Buttonow, CPA, CITP, is a 20-year IRS veteran and a leading expert on IRS practice and procedure. While with the agency, Jim led multifunctional teams across the U.S. in the areas of examination, collection, filing and appeals. After leaving the IRS, Jim worked to represent hundreds of taxpayers before the IRS.
Today, Jim is cofounder and vice president of New River Innovation, where he is chief architect of Beyond415®, the Web-based system for IRS practice and procedure. Jim regularly speaks on compliance trends and post-filing practice efficiency strategies for CPA and accounting firms, and his education-based articles have appeared in the Journal of Accountancy, Accounting Today and various state CPA society magazines. In 2012, Accounting Today named Jim one of the Top 100 Most Influential People in Accounting.
CPE Sponsor Information