Date & Times: Thursday, June 6, 2013
- 11:00 a.m. Eastern
- 10:00 a.m. Central
- 9:00 a.m. Mountain
- 8:00 a.m. Pacific
Duration: 100 minutes
Course Level: Basic
Advanced Preparation: None
Delivery Method: Group-Internet Based
||Field of Study|
* NATP will report CPE credits to the IRS for all PTIN holders. CPE is currently not mandatory for RTRPs or RTRP candidates and any option to register or participate in this program is strictly voluntary.
Fees: $52 for Members and $64 for Nonmembers
Tax professionals cannot take the recent revisions to Circular 230 and proposed IRS regulations lightly as they affect many business processes. Knowing the latest requirements will help tax professionals avoid sanctions and penalties. This webinar discusses ethics rules and important Circular 230 provisions that tax professionals must know.
Upon completion of this webinar, you will be able to:
- Apply ethics as it relates to a tax practice and practice before the IRS under Circular 230.
- Distinguish between limited practice and the full right to practice.
- Identify the various penalties that can be assessed on a tax return preparer and how to avoid them.
- Explain the due diligence requirements for earned income tax credit (EIC).
- Discuss the importance of new office policies and procedures.
Presenter: Melinda Garvin, EA
CPE Sponsor Information