These tax update workshops include The Essential 1040 and Beyond the 1040, with the former providing resources to ensure you are ready for the tax season and the latter focusing on in-depth topics necessary to understand how to best advise your clients.
The Essential 1040®
8 CPE Credits for AFSP, CPA, CRTP, EA
6 CPE Credits for CFP®
Includes 4 hours of Update and 2 hours of Ethics
We guarantee you will have the most up-to-date information before tax season starts, even if late Congressional action results in tax law changes.
Essential 1040 attendees will receive an on-demand webinar in January that will provide you with the resources to ensure that you are ready for tax season. Pass the provided exam for 2 credits!
We provide attendees the following materials to prepare for the upcoming tax season:
- January on-demand webinar covering any last minute tax law changes
- Quick reference desk card
- Multi-page tax law quick reference guide with flowcharts
- Print and PDF version of textbook
Beyond the 1040®
8 CPE Credits for AFSP, CFP®, CPA, CRTP, EA
The Beyond the 1040® topics are handpicked by our researchers based on topics that tax preparers struggle with the most—Affordable Care Act (ACA) and aging clients.
ACA has caused a lot of uncertainty regarding health insurance and medical tax benefits. This course will cover the complexities of:
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- Health Care Flexible Savings Accounts (FSA)
- Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRA); and
- Nondiscrimination rules for self-insured medical reimbursement plans
Seniors face unique tax situations when they retire, including income from social security, payments from tax-deferred sources and expenses for long-term care. We’ll prepare you to provide the best service to this aging demographic.