For 29 years NATP has been providing the best tax update in the country to prepare professionals for the upcoming tax season. Our two-day workshop, the Essential 1040 and the Beyond the 1040 will do just that.
Day 1 - The Essential 1040®
8 CPE for CPA, CRTP, EA (includes Ethics & Update credit)
6 CPE for CFP®
We guarantee you will have the most up-to-date information before tax season starts, even if late Congressional action results in tax law changes.
Essential 1040 attendees will receive an on-demand webinar in January that will provide you with the resources to ensure that you are ready for tax season. Pass the provided exam for 2 credits!
We provide attendees the following materials to prepare for the upcoming tax season:
- Print and PDF version of textbook
- Audio recordings of the workshop to review complex topics
- January on-demand webinar covering any last minute tax law changes
- Quick reference desk card
- Multi-page tax law quick reference guide with flowcharts
- Essential 1040 PDF version from 2013, 2012 and 2011
Day 2 - Beyond the 1040®
8 CPE for CFP®, CPA, CRTP, EA
These topics were hand picked by our tax researchers and present an in-depth learning experience based on what tax preparers struggle with the most.
- Tax Ramifications of Divorce
- Foreign Investment Reporting Requirements
- Estimated Tax Payments and Underpayment Penalties
- Substantiation of Deductions and the Cohan Rule
What makes these topics even more critical is that they are closely scrutinized by the IRS and often result in penalties. Leave this workshop with the knowledge to advise your clients.
In addition to a print and PDF textbook, attendees will receive a dependent case study and a client-friendly reference chart.