|EA or CPA wanted Lakeland / Tampa Bay - Full or part time|
Established, growing practice seeks EA or CPA, full or part time. QuickBooks. May consider recent accounting grad candidate for EA. Practice is heavy representation and resolution.
Close to Orlando and Tampa attractions, higher education, and sports, and Gulf of Mexico.
or fax 863-248-1564. Background check. Principals only. No phone calls.
|Manager, Research Review and Support|
The Pew Charitable Trusts is driven by the power of knowledge to solve today's most challenging problems. Pew applies a rigorous, analytical approach to improve public policy, inform the public and invigorate civic life.
We are an independent nonprofit organization – the sole beneficiary of seven individual trusts established between 1948 and 1979 by two sons and two daughters of Sun Oil Company founder Joseph N. Pew and his wife, Mary Anderson Pew.
Our work lays the foundation for effective policy solutions by informing and engaging citizens, linking diverse interests to pursue common cause and insisting on tangible results. Our projects encourage efficient, responsive governments – at the local, state, national and international levels – serving the public interests.
With offices in Philadelphia, Washington, DC, Brussels and London and staff in other regions of the United States as well as Australia, Pew provides an exciting learning environment and the opportunity to work with highly talented individuals. We are a dynamic, rapidly evolving organization that values creativity and innovative thinking and fosters strong teamwork with mutual respect.
Government Performance (GP), an internal operating division of The Pew Charitable Trusts, identifies and advances effective policy approaches to critical issues. It researches emerging topics, develops data-driven reports, and highlights innovative approaches to complex problems. When the facts are clear, GP advocates for nonpartisan, pragmatic solutions.
GP initiatives focuses on six areas: (1) strengthening the economic well-being of America's families; (2) promoting fiscal health at the state, federal and local levels; (3) advancing innovative, data-driven state policy in targeted areas, such as corrections, elections, and children's dental health; (4) ensuring a safe food supply; (5) encouraging safety and innovation in drugs and medical devices; and (6) fostering cutting-edge biomedical research. GP makes use of the basic tools required to help explore and advance effective policies, regardless of the issue: credible, timely, and user-friendly research; assessments of public support for change; strategic outreach and dissemination to ensure that good information is widely communicated to decision-makers, media, influential stakeholders, and the public; the capacity to bring together diverse perspectives and find common ground; and the ability to identify and apply approaches that have proven successful elsewhere.
Research Review and Support Description:
Research Review and Support (RRS) facilitates the research process across all Pew programs and projects. Staff help ensure the integrity and quality of all research outputs, including reports, surveys and polls, literature reviews, and data collection and analysis. It involves taking a research concept from initial hypothesis and proposal through post-analysis data checks, fact checking, and peer review. RRS advises project teams on the best methodological or analytical approaches, datasets and, if appropriate, external vendors to achieve desired outcomes. RRS staff also provides direct research assistance, most commonly data collection and literature reviews, as required.
Finally, RRS fosters a Pew research community that leverages and builds staff expertise, tools and capacity on a wide range of topics and disciplines. On behalf of projects, RRS coordinates with other divisions and departments involved in the research process. The aim is to ensure excellent, unimpeachable research outputs that significantly impact major policy changes at the federal, state and local level.
Pew is seeking to hire a Manager of research who primarily will be responsible for overseeing Pew's research review process. These processes include: (1) review of written research plans prior to management approval to do the work; (2) review of written methods plans by the research review teams and ad hoc review committees, followed by written feedback on the plans; (3) facilitating data checks and fact checks after analyses has been completed; (4) review of proposed surveys for consistency with established standards; and (5) providing temporary staff support to major studies, such as those comparing the performance of all 50 states. The Manager will work with dozens of project teams to help produce high quality research and reports and supervise the work of a survey methodologist, an analyst specializing in 50-state assessments, three research assistants, and six fact checkers. The Manager reports to the Director, Research Support and will be based in Pew's Washington, DC, office.
• Lead the research review process including developing the steps for review, the appropriate documentation and approval processes, and guidance and oversight for the process. This includes collaborating with internal communications staff and coordinating processes.
• Oversee the review of all of the Trusts' surveys for consistency with established standards.
• Define objectives and milestones for a new position that provides survey methods expertise to project teams.
• Create and define roles, and take lead responsibility for overseeing a staff that provides expert support to project teams in preparing 50-state assessments.
• Direct staff responsible for performing data and fact checks.
• Supervise and lead the cross-divisional collaborative review of research and methods plans among all of the Trust's research teams. This includes identifying the right team of researchers to participate in each methods review and supervising the team's input and guidance back to the project team.
• Direct processes for providing expert input and recommendations to all of the research teams to ensure the development of methodologically sound, accurate research.
• Enhance and continuously improve the research review process as needed to maximize efficiency and effectiveness by working with researchers and senior leadership.
• Develop and foster relationships with other departments (e.g., communications, information technology, and government relations) to help ensure that researchers have the information, partnerships and resources needed to produce high quality research.
• Chair the Research Liaisons Group, which includes a representative from each research project team, to share best practices and provide training.
• Advise on research design for proposed new projects.
• Stay abreast of new research methods and ways to share results.
• A bachelor's degree is required and an advanced degree in public policy or other relevant field is strongly preferred.
• At least eight years' experience in policy research and analysis.
• Minimum of two years of previous direct supervisory experience required including overseeing performance management process for direct reports and providing career development advice and counsel.
• Strong qualitative and quantitative research skills are essential. Strong social science research skills required; natural science research skills would be a plus.
• Excellent organizational, personnel and project management skills. Proven ability to manage a high-performing staff under firm deadlines.
• Ability to work across a wide variety of programmatic areas applying methodological input and guidance.
• Ability to oversee budgeting and invoicing of contracts.
• Strong interpersonal skills. Able to develop and manage productive and collaborative relationships both internally and externally.
• Capacity to organize time and identify resources to support research teams' needs. Keen attention to detail and a track record of producing accurate, high quality work.
This position involves minimal travel.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package.
Pew is an equal opportunity employer.
|Experienced Tax Accountant|
Steier & Prchal, Ltd is seeking a staff accountant with 2-3 years of tax/audit experience. Candidates must be able to manage multiple client accounts and must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. To be successful in this role you must be able to organize, prioritize, and coordinate work activities to meet all client expectations in an efficient and professional manner. Candidates are expected to take responsibility in order to meet deadlines, need to be extremely detail oriented and able to multi-task.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Preparation and Review of Tax Returns including: Individual, Corporation, S-Corporation, Partnership, Trust and Exempt Organizations
- Assist in audit and collection matters
- Preparation of Adjusting Journal Entries
- Quarterly/Monthly/Annual review of clients’ QuickBooks files
- Tax Planning
This is a full-time position. Compensation based on experience. Applicant preferred to have 2-3 years working experience in Tax Preparation, a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, and working knowledge of QuickBooks.
Please submit resumes to
|Sr. Tax Associate|
Sr. Tax Associate with Trinity Industries, Inc. (Dallas, Texas) Preparation & review of consolidated federal, state & international income tax returns. Performance & review of large & complex Schedule M adjustments, for over 50 companies. Review of complex fixed asset tax reporting & rollforwards. The analysis & review of Section 263A Calculations. The analysis & review of Section 199 calculations. Preparation &/or review of the quarterly & annual ASC740 & ASC 740-10 calculations. Participate in various tax planning activities. Due diligence reviews. Research complex income tax issues. Req’s Master's, or foreign equiv, in Accounting or related field & 1 yr of exp which must include some exp with: OneSource or similar type such as ProSystem Fx Tax Suite ProSystem Fx; Extensive research on various tax issues using RIA, CCH, & BNA online research tools; Demonstration of strong Excel skills for accounting. Must be a CPA. Send resumes to: Trinity Industries, Inc., Attn: Room M6-003 (Job #STA), P.O. Box 568887, Dallas, Texas 75356.
Professional-minded CPA with an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for tax and accounting wanted to join a CPA firm with growth potential and an excellent reputation. Minimum eight years CPA firm experience required. On-going reward for client development and retention. If you are looking for an excellent office atmosphere, like-minded professionals and team spirit, you will enjoy being a part of this firm's long term employees. We offer CPE and participate in regular Peer Reviews. QuickBooks knowledge a must; Lacerte a plus. Salary commensurate with experience. For consideration, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are searching for a seasoned tax professional to assist in handling client tax work throughout the year. Must be experienced in both corporate and individual tax work, enjoy the technical aspects of tax, have good communication skills and be technologically savvy.
You must be technically strong enough to review the tax preparation of others, love tax work and be able to work mostly independently. CPA/EA or CPA/EA candidate preferred. Your skills will allow the owner to focus on growth and other ancillary services. We’re still small so this is a great opportunity for someone who wants to have an impact.
This opportunity could be an ideal situation for a solo practitioner who needs additional work and would like to join us, or someone who wants to build a client base with us. We have creative ways to integrate situations like this.
Our goal is to build a different type of firm. We want to work with clients we love, and clients who love us. We are working on ways to reduce the extreme seasonality that tax season brings and have a more balanced workload throughout the year. We are striving for a more collaborative, fun working environment, where your expertise and hard work are recognized and rewarded. We use technology extensively and are paperless allowing us to work remotely when needed and to work with clients outside our local area.
Interested? Send us your resume to
and tell us why you think you’d be the perfect fit.
|LOOKING FOR PARTNER|
TO BIG TO HANDLE ALONE. BUSY TAX AND ACCOUNTING OFFICE IN NEED OF STRONG QUALIFIED TAX/ACCOUNTANT PROFESSIONAL LOOKING TO TRANSITION INTO GROWING PRACTICE.
CLEARWATER, TAMPA BAY AREA.
|Senior Tax Manager |
This individual will lead and manage multiple tax engagements to deliver quality tax services for our clients. This position offers excellent opportunities for leadership and career advancement to the right candidate.
Builds new and existing client relationships and demonstrates basic knowledge of client’s businesses.
Reviews federal and state income tax returns for individuals, businesses, benefit funds, real estate, and exempt organizations.
Handles federal, state and local tax audits.
Prepares research memoranda, written correspondence/guidance, and other documents for submission to the IRS or other taxing authorities.
Trains and supervises staff, reviews and evaluates their work.
Manages multiple clients, budgets and production goals.
Masters degree in taxation or finance.
10+ years prior experience in public accounting and tax.
Tax audit experience.
Significant supervisory experience (2+ years).
Strong accounting and analytical skills.
Strong computer skills: proficiency preferred in Drake Software and MS Office.
Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
Detail oriented with ability to multi-task.
Well rounded in dealing with high net worth individuals, businesses, and portfolio of rental properties.